1991 Wicked Fat Chance

yo-Nate-y":32shd80t said:
I've often been told I have an uncommon physique. No complaints yet! That said...

The set back on a TCO is about 25mm, on a Suntour XC post, only about 15mm. A Turbo saddle has 85mm of space on the rails....that seems well within the range of 'normal' if clamping mid-rail to sliding the saddle back further.

What frames do you propose would be appropriate for all the non-set back 1980-90s IRD, Syncros, Cook Bros, Dean, Litespeed, Kona, and Ringle seatposts?

Like I said, FCW specified setback seatposts. FCW has long stays so if you want the bike to handle and weight the wheels as designed you will use one. Although the Turbo has relatively long rails they are positioned under the saddle towards the rear compared to a WTB SST which has shorter rails that are positioned such that you can actually move the saddle 10mm back farther than a turbo.

RE-garding your other question, some of the Kona's came with non setback seatpost but they did not have 17.5" seatstays.......

People make non-setback seatposts because people buy them, most because they want a shorter cockpit and are clueless as to how setback is used to weight the bike & position you over the bottom bracket . IMO for the Wicked that is a mistake as it was designed around a setback seatpost. Owning one I agree. Give it a try , you might be surprised.

I hear what you are sayin', but I think the millimeter minutiae is more an issue for road bikes where you are stuck in the saddle and not body English'n down or up a trail.

Off road I am more often than not unweighing the saddle (or getting behind it if need be). On an MTB I am only likely to be sitting when climbing, and then being slightly forward can be part of the plan.

New wheels, new pics.

DSC_2121_zpsc9832179.jpg

DSC_2155_zps0f30588f.jpg

DSC_2153_zps56e61478.jpg

DSC_2141_zps60f5852d.jpg

DSC_2111_zps5644baaf.jpg

DSC_2137_zps05305e40.jpg

DSC_2136_zps3acc2728.jpg

DSC_2132_zpsca63de7f.jpg

DSC_2127_zpsab8c25a4.jpg

DSC_2161_zps5370c0e9.jpg

DSC_2162_zps6b7aa9a5.jpg

DSC_2146_zpsa4c7f921.jpg

i like the original salsa stem better. what's your reasoning for the stem choice and using with a threadless to threaded adapter???

my bad… that yellow atac stem looks like it was a threadless. :?

guess the stem base chunkiness, and what looked like a stem cap setup on top threw me off. :roll: hence why i still say the salsa stem looks more suited for the build. ;)

ATAC are pretty chunky. And there is a 5mm spacer left for the possibility of suing a hanger in the future/if I used a different stem.

The Salsa was nice, but wanted some neon :) I still have it and a few others kicking around though. Maybe in the next rebuild.

Latest posts

Back