TREK 8000

playing with colours and the result is stunning :shock: (but still not yet ready)

trek11.jpg

trek12.jpg

trek13.jpg

The last little things (where it does not work with decoupage) is painted.

trek14.jpg

trek15.jpg

trek16.jpg

Tomorrow is coated with clear lacquer ..then it is ready. :D

Nader":23kvuxy5 said:
foolproof":23kvuxy5 said:
Hi, I had the same problem with my '91 TREK 970....
thank you for this detailed explanation and I understand exactly what you mean. :D
But there is a bit problem, the TREK 8000 has no bolt which holds the brake pad in canti brakes.

trek05.jpg

Sorry to correct you, but I think you mean you frame lacks the brake BOSSES, which are holding the whole canti brake. The bolt I wrote about above, only holds the brake pad, actually this bolt is tweaked when you need to adjust the brake pad next to the rim, simple brakes use it often, TUNE, Real & other boutique makes are a completely different matter.

Small picture included, hope it helps.

I think you can get brake bosses for suspension forks in bike shops, they should fit in the frame, (M6 threaded boss, of course) if not, a bit of tweaking surely helps.

I got the same frame, it's a bit too big for me I'm afraid and to tell the truth, Iv'e only bought it for canniblising its parts :twisted:

Anyway, keep up the good work and tell the kids, they're not short of artistic skills either :cool:

Attachments

• pad_2_holder.jpg
    pad_2_holder.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 752
What about a single speed fixed wheel? no need then for a rear brake or the front mech cabling issue? Loving the colours by the way

Nader

I've dug my worthless piece of crap Trek 8000 out of the depths of the garage £12 on ebay
(if this bonded Ali frame was built by Klein it would be worth a small fortune)

Anyway mine has all the bits fitted that yours lacks,
1. Cable stop for a Top Pull front Mech
2. Cable stop for Rear Canti brake

has someone removed yours ?

One day I'll polish mine to a mirror finish and fit period correct left overs from other projects

Attachments

• Bridge and F_Mech.jpg
    Bridge and F_Mech.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 739
  • Front Mech cable stop and Brake Cable holder.jpg
    Front Mech cable stop and Brake Cable holder.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 739
trek14.jpg

the countless hours spent completing the 'frame restoration for yor pet dog' courses have paid well, oh wise and visionary master!..... :D

Attachments

• painting dog.jpg
    painting dog.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 640
foolproof":i0pbg5yl said:
..Sorry to correct you, but I think you mean you frame lacks the brake BOSSES, which are holding the whole canti brake. ...
oh my dear, now I got the message mate ..well I'll do ;) :D

Back