Show us what you did today, thread

That looks brilliant Kaiser.
What age is it rated to? I looked at the safe T seat that mounts in the same position but mounts of the stem but my little man wont be in it for long so am now looking at the rear seat that mounts on a rack. I can then swap between the LHT and then the Pugs once I get a rack sorted.
By the look of the one on yours, I might fit in that :cool: I could be like a rally co driver :LOL: :LOL: its even got a table for the map ;)

Jamie

Jamie, wee ride say up to 4 years old even though the seat looks small. If your child doesn't fit they'll will refund half your money!

First long ride out of 2013, good run thru the bog that is "craufordland estate", then up to the Whitelees wind farm to have a wee butchers at the new mt bike trail/park that will be up there. I had my doubts about finding the thing as the wind farm is massive and no real info can be found online about where exactly it is, however I almost fell over it on my way up from my usual back woods entry point, which is rather pleasing as it means I can be up there in under an hour when it is finished.

I had thought from the plans that it would be rather dinky but in actual fact it is pretty big and there is a lot of gradient to play with- the crappy pics on my phone as always don't pic up the scale of the place. It is not nearly complete and I had read that it should have been up and running by now, however a lot of earth has been moved and the basic trails seem to have been marked out so My guess is they are looking at restarting things when the weather gets a little less damp but we will see what happens on that score. I do have a phone number of an official type dude that I might just call and see if there is any DofE as this would be a great wee run out if combined with the Craufordland trails and of course The Fenwick Hotel (and pakora).

3 1/2 hours and I'm feeling it, off to have a cup of char and listen to the Cup Draw :D

39fe64d6-8ad6-4c88-b36c-86ef209ed50a_zps19368035.jpg

98951b8f-a994-42e2-b50b-5ae26adb7f28_zps0fb673b7.jpg

5836d66e-96f4-46d0-972d-2cbb12c0d3a0_zpsf815e2e3.jpg

Monkey is looking good though Gazz. :cool:

Who is building the trails and for what reason? Gonna be another trail centre?

I had my monkey out for the first time since I got the moonie in December! Gears and fat tyres have been making me soft. I was feeling it too after being ss again! :LOL:

IMAG0210_zpsaa1b5fd4.jpg

start of next project today, stripped the decals of the cheapo GT Avalanche I picked up last year. Going to polish it up properly, apply new decals and get it going as a fully rigid SS

DSCN0611 by gmac123, on Flickr

It'll no doubt take months and months and months to get anywhere near ready.

Heard about the Whitelees project good to here it's up and running. Intending to give Cathkin Braes a go in the coming weeks. It'll be good to to have some centres near by. :)

There must be be good scope up at Whiteless Gaz, it's some size. I regularly see mtb'ers up at the Ardoch Rig side when I'm out on the road bike

here is some blurb I found online- looks interesting.

Whitelee lies just 10 miles south of Glasgow and is home to Europe’s largest on-shore windfarm. Plans are underway to create a dedicated mountain biking facility, adding to the network of traffic-free routes linking the site’s 215 wind turbines and already well used by cyclists.

The development will use a former borrow pit, created to supply stone during construction of the windfarm. The site lies just 500m from the popular Whitelee visitor centre, open from 10am-5pm through most of the year.

This exciting development is being led by East Renfrewshire Council on behalf of the Whitelee Access Planning Group. The unique track design has been created by Phil Saxena of Architrail Ltd – renowned designer of the 2008 Beijing Olympic and 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games XC courses.

The project has followed strong public demand for more technical MTB facilities at Whitelee. Its setting within Europe’s largest onshore windfarm will make it unique amongst trail centres.

The plans will provide graded trails to suit a wide range of users, from beginners to more experienced riders. Careful design will deliver a course with a mix of route options, technical sections and challenges. The facilities will extend across an area of approximately 12 hectares.

The main features will be:

Outer Trail (graded BLUE) – using the higher extents and natural topography of the site to produce fast, flowing singletrack full of berms, rollers and other features.

Inner Trail (graded BLUE) – offering riders a different loop and riding line, this inner loop will complement the outer trail and be linked at either end for easy transition between the trails.

Skills Area – providing a full range of technical features and lying close to the viewing/picnic area.

Technical Sections (graded RED) – 12 ‘opt-in’ technical sections running alongside the outer and inner trails. Features will include jumps, drop-offs and North-Shore and designed for more experienced riders

The proposals received planning permission in April 2012 and construction is expected to start in autumn/winter 2012.

ta gaz, good to hear they're getting on with it. going to be windy up that hill, that'll be why they built a wind farm up there :LOL: :LOL:

your not wrong, trick is to only go up when the wind is behind you as it helps on the hills- It won't be a trail centre more a big fun park- I must get up to the Commonwealth Mt Bike route too as it is meant to be almost finished now. ;)

301ccdfc-9519-4243-a57e-a7ec7bf2098e_zps16cf1db7.jpg

c52bf6f2-12ac-4c38-ad94-42bb0ef17d5e_zps528a69bc.jpg

Yeah FFTC SS is a step up, not sure my knees could cope these days- like ma gears.

You going front bounce on the GT Gmac? What is the bike going to be set up for, trail centres?

Back