Nakamura pro

hidefnick

Dirt Disciple
Do we know anything bout this babe?

nk1.jpg

Looks super, but cant find any info....

hello

nakamura is the brand of a distributor of sporting goods like decathlon called "Intersport" he makes a very good bike quality / price ratio ...

cheers

That is all I found too. But those are Chinese alloy stuff (crap?). This is double butted fuji cromo and looks really good. Is it though?

It's sold in Austria. Here at Intersport or Hervis they sell "GENESIS" (crap) and Nakamura (better but still I don't think that they're thaaat good at all).

a mate got a 95 or 96 red complite with fuji stout light frame and deore xt, it was a really amazing bike...but actually very difficult to find information on these bikes...yours seems to be of the same era.

I started out sharpening skates in a sports shop that sold bikes in spring and summer and we sold these along with Arashi (POS). We had some major issues with Nakamuras and Arashi's (the other brand that was associated with Nakamura). Good Luck with the ride!

Nakamura was originally a small Canadian brand but Intersport bought the rights. They had a very serious line up in the 90's. I've owned Nakamura Summit and Nakamura Escape. I still have a Nakamura Shadow. Shadow is a classic double butted 969-steel frame with a full Shimano LX-groupset. Summit had full Shimano Deore Xt (8 sp.) groupset (Sugino cranks) and Mavic X-221 rims and Tange double butted steel frame. Pro Lite was on par with Summit (Pro Lite had optional RS front suspension, Summit came with a rigid fork).

They had other sweet frames too. Nakamura 10th Anniversary had full Xtr-groupset and Kore stem and seatpost, Manitou SX -R fork with a lockout etc. It was the first Nakamura alumunium frame (Easton Ultralite tubing if my memory serves me right).

All Nakamura steel frames of the later part of the 90's have snake stays and ovalized tubing to add rigidity where it matters. I just love these frames. Sunn frames look primitive in the comparison but it's very hard to find Nakamura frames these days.

The main problem with the brand was it's sellers. As the Intersport is not specialiced with bikes it was best to assemble the bike yourself and not to trust the shoe salesmen :).

I used Nakamura Summit in local events in those days and it was a very steady and fast XC bike. I later on replaced it with Sunn Exact and Sunn Revolt Gp but I still have a sweet spot for these agile beasts of Nakamura. Really good components and awesome frames.

If you look the situation now it gets really confusing. They still sell new Nakamura bikes in France and in Norway. These are awesome bikes and I tried to buy one but they refuse to ship to Finland. http://www.nakamura.no/

Nakamura is the most used XC bike in Norway. They have real mountains in that country :).

But there is also cheap Nakamura City bikes line up. I'm not sure if they even have rights to the name, but anyway. Hope this helps.

WorldCup-Andorra02-970x350.jpg

Back