Sidlaw photaes

I would have been wearing this jacket and looking pretty much like this....

me1990.jpg
me1990b.jpg

Despite the youthful looks I still didn't finish the race :) I think the quiff was too much wind resistance.

Fantastic pics. I'm sure I'm in there somewhere - spotted my brother in the background of one. Trouble is everyone had Bell Image helmets back then. All Tomac's fault! I'll need to dig out out my own Sidlaws photos and get them posted. The 'steps' and bomb-holes bring back memories!

Nik

I was back in Carnoustie this weekend and found an old photo of me riding at the Sidlaws. Check out the winter riding gear - Reebok Royales and a track suit :shock:

Must be from 1991 as the bike looks very new (it's a 1990 Kona Fire Mountain bought as a last year's model) and still has the reflectors on :facepalm: I got cooler, honest!

konafiremountain1.jpg

^^^^ superb! lol i'll need to dig out some old biking pics. I remember i got a nice pic taken when I raced at Mabie Forest's first ever race. I'll track it down and scan it and post it up. Also I used to race the Moore&Large series, so I think I've got some pics from those races as well.

Greig.

Great photos, I raced in the Schoolboy / Youth at Sidlaws a couple of times, but it was probably 92/93.

Have you got any more old Scottish MTB Series photos?

Re:

The muddy ones and steep heather was the Scottish champs at Rhynie. I especially remember the live electric fence half way round the course.

Re: Re:

clubby":2fmcddvt said:
The muddy ones and steep heather was the Scottish champs at Rhynie. I especially remember the live electric fence half way round the course.

Jings, health and safety would faint at the mention of that nowadays :LOL:

Great pics guys, especially love the Proflex's, my first proper bike in 92, no cool racing pics though, only pics of me would have been mincing about in Kelvingrove park :oops:

Latest posts

Back