lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi all. thought i'd show my face. new to the site but not ew to retro - got into mountainbiking around 1990/91 so have seen the sport grow (i feel old now!)

after a few years out i got back in the saddle using my 1994 kona fire mountain which i had owned from new. sadly it needed quite a bit spending on it so i sold it to make way for a brand new 2007 kona kikapu.

i immediately regretted this. the new kona lasted 6 months and i managed to buy my old one back, (and bought a 99? stinky in the process)

the new owner of my fire mountain had started to strip it so i had lost many genuine period parts and this goes to explain some of the modern parts currently in use.

i'll get a couple of pics up soon.

just aquired what i believe to be a 1990 Cannondale sm600 in totally original (i'm told) condition. it is fully rigid, ritchey vantage rims, ritchey tyres, all origial fittings including biopace chainrings, tioga grips, white shimano cables etc.it has hardly seen any use at all. i really like it and intended upping the spec but it seems a shame to alter something so original so i think i'll just enjoy it for a while and maybe pass it on after the summer.

my girlfriend rides a bit of an oddity. its a giant box 1 frame (unknown year) but most of the components are stolen from a 93(i think) lx equipped gt, from the days when lx was painted black. i guess its kinda retro but not really!

anyway, i'll get a few pics of the fleet up as they are now

sorry its taken so long! here's the dale. i'll add the kona later!

dale.jpg

dale2.jpg

dale3.jpg

dale4.jpg

well there she blows. as i mentioned in the original post i am really impressed with the originality and the ride is spot on. feels really wierd riding fully rigid!

by the way can someone please enlighten me on the meaning of BITD??

i think i have literally just this second sussed it as "back in the day"??

Back