Who's going for a retro ride this weekend?

I've just been looking at the weather report for the bank holiday weekend.. Sun and showers. I'm planning to have a ramble around the south downs on the my girlfriends 1991 Orange clockwork i've just bolted back together. My missis is away for the weekend so i'm taking the oppertunity to test her bike, then if it breaks she won't be around to chew my ear off. Anyone else taking their vintage beast out out for a ragging?

Think I'm taking Eddy out on Monday with the horses, and will try and get out to some of the local commons on Sunday I reckon - nothing major though! Hopefully I'll be spending tomorrow putting the girlf's Bontrager back together...

Hmm, you've got me tempted to go for a ride. I haven't done much since this years Dunwich Dynamo but I have a dilemma.... do I get my S-works back on the road with it's new e-bayed Judy's, or run the original rigid forks for a while for the full retro experience?

Alternatively, I could just go out on the road bike.......

......or stay home and paint the garage doors like I'm s'posed to be doing :-(

Went over Cross Fell and back over High Cup Nick/Cow Green Reservoir, would have killed me on the P20. I'm knackered after riding my full suspension.

Went to Bedgebury yesterday morning on the LavaDome, the singletrack has survived the recent weather well but the linking paths are now just a mud bath, wish I'd had my camera so i could have showed you guys the state I got in !!

Was a good fun ride though and will definitely go again soon. The wife came with me and took the little one to the adventure park and for a walk so have convinced her to make it a regular thing which is good news all round ...

afan was bone dry, well 90% bone dry which is about as dry as afan gets :)

exmoor this sunday if anyones interested? :)

I had plenty of fun on the Orange rumbling along the downs. Although it has a rigid fork the bike as a whole is more forgiving than the Pace on day ride. Managed not to break anything either, which is a bonus.
I was planning a trip up to Bedgebury in the next few weeks.

If you fancy some company let me know the date you have in mind as it's just down the road for me..

Back