Nos Klein quantum 1994 with BIN

Thank you for enlightening me shamus i did not notice that it was a quantum 2. I had to go check me pro to see what headset it had and now i cant tell.

thanks andy

Woo, thanks for clearing that up, I was nervous for a second about getting a headset. Well as soon as it is here, I imagine I will be spending some time with a set of calipers measuring for and planning this project.

Hmm, now I just have to finish my current project so I have time. I guess I have a little motivation now.

Guys, I could use some advice.

The frame was definitely NOS as described, and stunning. But the fork is used, and definitely has lots of miles on it. Though, the fork appears to be in good shape, I am nervous. What do you think?

>>added this next line on edit.

I am not sure I would have valued the frameset as highly, had I known that the fork was not NOS.

I did send the guy a note and he responded with a lengthy denial and an obvious lack of knowledge about the bike. I am planning to send a concise note today to see if he will answer the question more directly.

How is the durability on the Klein aluminum road forks? Have you heard of any failures? Basically I am asking if I should even worry about the alum forks having an unknown amount of miles on them.

As a long-time seller, and buyer, on Ebay I have been on both sides of this type of disagreement. While it is disappointing that the seller is stonewalling Ebay almost always sides with the buyer. Unfortunately this may mean that you would have to return the frame. You do have some leverage in that only the buyer can leave a negative feedback. Sorry that hte new bike experience is clouded such.

As long there is no dents or cracks, I believe you have nothing to worried about durability.

I was going to bid on this frame and contacted to seller about shipping it to Europe. I have never got so rude answer from sellers at ebay before.
So I did leave it there...

Phew, glad I never tried to contact the seller! Manners cost nothing at the end of the day. When a seller in the USA means no international shipping, they really mean it!

At first I thought it might not be, since the steerer tube is marked with a "57" notating it was made for a 57cm frame... and this frame is a 51cm. But after setting up the frame and bike like the picture and comparing, I can tell that it is the same fork from the picture.

Back