Recently had my Aspergers comfirmed

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Been sitting on this for a couple of weeks now, feeling lots of relief as well as mixed feelings about the past.

But at least if you know what something is, you have a better chance of dealing with it.

Seems I have lots of Aspie triats at lower levels and a few that are reasonably high (which met the criteria)

Also at my age I have learned to adapt over the years to certain stuff, but looking forward to understanding stuff I did not know about.

I would like to thank some people on here, because if it were not for your openess I would not have followed it up.

Many thanks indeed, it's important as now my wife will hopefully understand some of my quirks better and I /we will be able to look out for any signs in my son as he grows up, I think there is a 25% chance he may have it too, I now know my father did.

can you explain briefly what aspergers is ?
might be better coming from someone who has it rather than being misinformed from the world wide web.
i wish you good health with this.

I am not a fan of people self proclaiming I am....fill in the dots particulary when it comes to medical conditions so for me it's great you sought advice and from that, put to rest your what the hell is going on questions and now you know hopefully things can be better for you..nice one on getting it confirmed ;)

videojetman I got a private diagnosis from an experienced psych who deals with this stuff....It's hard to put simply as it is a combination of symtoms and they vary for each individual, but to ft the criteria there is a set of symtoms you must have, which I have been told I have.

But as the saying that i've learnt recently goes, '' once you've met one aspie, you've met one aspie........as we all have our own super powers ;)

Mate,
i wish you all the best..a colleague at work has his 18 year daughter has aspi and now his other daughter who is 14 is being assesed by the ed pysch {educational pyschatrist}. All he described them as sometimes people think they are rood and have very little empathiy{didnt say if this is a common trait}. Both are very very clever in Maths and pyschics. Even to the point they were/are doing extra studies because they felt they were being held back by their peers

The eldest is now training to become a teacher.

All the best mate ;)

Ernie ;)

there I was thinking this was about you finding donkey DNA in your Tesco meat patties.

LOL :D .............i know i pronouce it like G in gerbil........but the correct term sounds like ass burgers......i can't say it that way without getting a visual :shock: :!: :shock:

I remember when I was told I had ME, lots of people were sympathetic while it was a relief to me why my concentration, motivation, energy et al had gone completely flat or completely irregular. As someone else said, now you can put a name to it, you can get your head around it and find the support you need when you need it.

Wishing you all the best pal.

Back