Carbon Fibre.... Inspiration required.... UPDATE 18/04/13

Re: Carbon Fibre.... Inspiration required.

grumpycommuter":1z4l9yn2 said:
it has to be a spice rack.....

homer1.png

Or how about a toast rack*? Not that I use one myself - I just plonk it all straight on a plate.

David

*While we're about it, how about a matching egg cup? A useful little exercise in awkward shapes!

i really like the mug idea from earlier on. i have no experience but it would probably be a good enough challenge to test your skills, and would hopefully get used daily afterwards

surely you want a mug to be heavy to reduce chances of being kncoked over and spilling stuff.

what about carbon fibre kfs (knife/fork/spoon) for camping? you ca nincorparate a sliver if Ti for the cutting blade.

While at college in furniture design,i deliberately made my furniture as difficult to make as possible.When upholstering or veneering i choose to use concave and convex surfaces are these are the most difficult to acheive :?
I think ifs a good way to learn.If you can veneer[which is similar to carbon sheeting in a roundabout way] on a conical surface then achieving flat or single compound curves will be a doddle

With the two posts above in mind+ the original idea of mug, how about cf non spill mug

1611320_orig.jpg

Steve...any feedback since your first post in this thread chap?

Yeah sorry, been reading with interest...

To add to the coffee mug debate... When I buy a coffee to go, it comes in a paper cup. Surely a CF mug will actually be more sturdy (and not throw away) than one of these thousands that litter our streets?

Liking the mtb mudguard(s) idea, as well as carb/header trumpets and possibly thinking of front sus fenders, chain guards, etc.

Also thinking about storage solutions and something that utilises compound curves for technical bonus points...

RobMac":vav8rg1w said:
What about my aerodynamic time trial helmet?

Bit personal.... :LOL:

Good idea, but if I'm gonna be keeping it (would probably be designed around my own head dimensions) I might never use it...

Back