Marin Nail Trail 2003/2004

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Its probably nothing special, but i've been after this particular model/style for years and it finally landed in my lap :)

starting to swap all the components off my FSR on to this....will be mainly a commute bike, but wanting something i can have for the weekends too :)

IMG_00342_zps5932b160.jpg

IMG_00363_zps7b52066e.jpg

IMG_00373_zpsc40dbe88.jpg

IMG_00353_zpsdc0f6572.jpg

need to sort hose lengths out for the disc brakes and possibly the bottom bracket spacers - can these be placed either side if my chain line need adjusting??
also replacing the headset with a chris king. the WTB is rough.
not too keen on the forks, got some new wipers to fit, but have the feeling they may need a deeper service....
anyway, that's it for now. slowly piecing it back together.
just need to sort out a decent saddle and choose some appropriate tyres.

This is going to look nice, I do like the mid-skool Marin frames. The wheels are a good colour match.
Here's mine, a Marin Point Reyes, I think Marin brand it as a Urban Hybrid, sure it's probably near enough the same frame.

2006_Marin_Point_Reyes%20(Medium).JPG

twain":m8zldbg6 said:
the bottom bracket spacers - can these be placed either side if my chain line need adjusting??

Yes, you can put them in any order you like... if your shell is 68mm you'll need 3 or them - or just 1 if the shell is 73mm - as you need the shell (with the spacers) to measure 75.5mm between the cups.

will play around with this soon, the mrs is questioning its presence in the lounge area......:LOL:
i like the shape of these frames, the triangular top and down tubes and the rear drop outs. also like the frame colour and decal set, suits it all quite nicely.

can't wait to get it finished and get it ridden. Been riding my specialized hardrock (the frame i bought from you actually) for a few years now and need to scratch an itch! :p

like the colour coding on yours :) a bit too loud for me - but i did a similar thing to my Hardrock (white and black) a while back, but didnt have the time to keep the whitewalls on the tyres looking white :p

twain":29am5365 said:
like the colour coding on yours :) a bit too loud for me - but i did a similar thing to my Hardrock (white and black) a while back, but didnt have the time to keep the whitewalls on the tyres looking white :p

I can't say I love the colour but it started with cheap slim slicks off ebay, a free bottle from a retroride and before you know it yellow bits all over. It works well as a leaders bike when I run some Skyrides, I can't be missed!

Well, its not much of a build thread, but, here it is.....

IMG_0053_zps3b5d9ff9.jpg

IMG_0057_zps7d948a44.jpg

IMG_0056_zpsdbaf0792.jpg

IMG_0058_zpsbe04f98b.jpg

there is nothing more satisfying than setting a bike up properly and being able to hit the rode with little to no adjustments!
only had to tinker with the saddle angle on my commute to wrk this morning :)
only think i want to change is the angle on my stem - need a bit more height/less reach and the saddle, not sure what i want really....

got some new wipers to put on the perished Pilots and have a matching rear deore LX disc brake for out back.
the current XT is having some spongy issues - no matter how much i bleed it, it still feels spongy - no leaks anywhere...:? :(

will try and get a nicer shot on the way home tonight :)

Back