rear brakes on a tadpole recumbant

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
rightyho....was reading somewhere else that having a brake at the back of my tw bent is a bad idea....being my thicky thicky mac thick of the thicky clan could some one enlighten me as to why?

Attachments

• IMG_20130202_121135.jpg
    IMG_20130202_121135.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 202
Like a motorbike all your stopping power is in the front end......and you got 2 wheels at the front......

It's mainly rubbish written by americans that ONLY have a rear brake, which is obviously useless. They also speak about fishtailing. I have no idea how they manage that unless they're breaking heavily into corners.

Rear V brake on this:

DSC01508.jpg

the 200mm front disks are *somewhat* overkill! :shock:

The reason for the lack of rear brake is obvious. Awesome skids. A truely awesome skid can only be done with a NOS white Porcupine, and seeing as the Germans have bought them all up (at highly inflated prices) and are hoarding them for future garage queen projects, a rear brake is redundant.

Mr. Gibble, I'm assuming you have each brake lever operating it's own caliper? You know you can do single front wheel stoppies, right?

:twisted:

indeedy ...bubt dx levers look sexy so i had to use both.i did consider using them bmx front brake thingies but thye cold and apathy bug struck sometime in november 2012 and im only just getting over it...heh

Back