1982 Diamond Back Ridge Runner

I think the seller is going to separate them for me, as we've agreed a price (not cheap, but I do really want them) so I'm just waiting to find out how much shipping will be.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up until they're in my hands, because I know how these things can fall through, but thanks again for the great spot and giving me the link!

If it helps, my dad's in Houston until March. I may be able to persuade him to bring them back with him. Not sure though, as he will be moving to Finland then, but may be able to organise something

Thanks, I'm hoping shipping won't be a problem, but I appreciate the offer. I'll get back to you if I get stuck with getting them.

I see that the handlebars are not included on his ebay listing now. I hope this means they are on their way to you :D

Decided to get some cheap butterscotch tyres to see how they look and check whether they are reasonable quality or not:

Butterscotch+Lucky+Stones.JPG

Undecided on look, but think I quite like it.

Re: 1982 Diamondback Ridge Runner

Diamond+Back+Bars.JPG

:D :D :D

A massive thank you to Pyro Tim for spotting these for me!!!

Also to the seller for being willing to split them from the rest of the auction.

Re: 1982 Diamondback Ridge Runner

I'm looking forward to see the rest of this building process. These early MTB's intrigue me more now than before. It's really interesting to see what these early bikes looked like and compare them to the bikes of the 90's.

....but I have to say....they used a very relaxed geometry on these early frames. :-D

Back