Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

Isaac_AG":13uw0brz said:
I must say that response to posts by email is sooo much slower than the old system, but on the whole, what was the old system like?

Alison

Noticed that as well - as in the email message that you get sent if you're watching (subscribed to) a thread. e.g. last post in a thread 22:09, email arrived at 23:33. Not a biggy, more an observation.

Now you can access only a sub-part of the forum on its own eg 97 and before I think this will lead to more people putting post 98 stuff in the retro section.
I just looked at the retro forum on its own and I don't think there is any mention of it being 97 and before. Maybe the forum headings can have "97 and before" and "98 onwards" after them to avoid more work for the mods and less confusion for newcomers.

Hope you understand what I'm saying there!

"Search" is still utter cack! Everything else seems to work fine, but I'd happily swap it all back to the old, just to be able find stuff!
It couldn't find a post I made yesterday. Search again, and it could..
Totally random and not very trustworthy.

agree with the search function. i used to visit this page from time to time and entered my search topics and i saw the new posts, currently not user-friendly

The horizontal skew is off in my avatar, and makes me look fat(ter). It's killing my self esteem.

I still don't like it mainly because other than the banner..this looks like any other php blah site layout and has lost dare i say..some of it's retro look

The only issues I can still see are some are still having problems with avatars and search

that said john I do know the amount of work that goes into updates and often it's a thankless task so from me to you John ..thank you

Hi there, enjoying the new look, but am having an issue when viewing on my phone. I can view some boards, but when i try and enter the mtb for sale board i get directed to the gallery and archive page. Thought id point it out in case it can be fixed. Im typing this from my phone by the way!
Cheers,
Steve

Back