RetroRoadRide Series 2013 - Rd 1: Gospel Pass Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 people signed up! I’m sure the sight of 12 old bikes (plus Dave’s modern beast) will be quite something for the people of Herefordshire and the Welsh Borders to behold.

I’m planning on riding the route tomorrow to check on the state of the roads as with floods and snow there are quite a few potholes that have opened up.

ededwards":vaozfc95 said:
13 people signed up! I’m sure the sight of 12 old bikes (plus Dave’s modern beast) will be quite something for the people of Herefordshire and the Welsh Borders to behold.

I’m planning on riding the route tomorrow to check on the state of the roads as with floods and snow there are quite a few potholes that have opened up.

We drove through the Pass on Saturday, to say there were a few puddles would be an understatement, still ice near the top too!

Should make for a fully committed ride then!

My weekend effort was aborted as a spoke almost pulled from the rear rim leaving a very wobbly wheel. Obviously with only 6 other bikes to select from plus 8 spare pairs of wheels I was unable to attempt the reconaissance ride but will have another crack this weekend.

theredchili":1bf0gj40 said:
ededwards":1bf0gj40 said:
Obviously with only 6 other bikes to select from plus 8 spare pairs of wheels I was unable to attempt the reconaissance ride

:LOL: life's a bummer eh !

You joining us James as the date has changed now? :cool:

Can't make this date either sadly, besides four weeks no riding and still can't shift this chest infection. not good :evil:

following Ed's lead...fitted a 28 sprocket for the Pass. Will be my first proper ride since Ed's ride last year!!!

markyp":2ygf42r0 said:
following Ed's lead...fitted a 28 sprocket for the Pass. Will be my first proper ride since Ed's ride last year!!!

I have gone for a 36t !! :shock: :LOL:

You are starting to worry me !

I was half thinking of bringing my Peugeot with 40 x 23. It's definately going to be my Cinelli with 39 x 27 bottom now ! #shutuplegs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back