Cheep headset on CRC but missing parts???

jamabikes":1f6ppgt8 said:
try adding an extra spacer to see if that helps.

:LOL: The stem/cap is at least 6mm above the top of the steerer tube so that is not the issue. maybe the metal compression ring is the problem. I've used cheapo m-part headsets etc and they worked perfectly.

:? :? :?

I'm going to hunt around in my spares box to see if I can find the top of an old headset and try that.

So... I put the bearings from the top cup into the bottom cup and vice versa which shouldn't really matter as they are the same size but I just wanted to try every option possible.

Then I had the idea of opening up the metal compression ring as its quite flexible, then tightened everything back up again, and it seems to have improved things. Not saying its perfect but it is better.

Would still be nice to have some input from someone who has ridden their bike after fitting these headsets to see how they hold up under use. ;)

I've got one fitted. I did clunk when the front brake was applied, but after a blast down the street and tightening the top cap some more it seems to have settled in place now. No more clunking.

Back