Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

brocklanders023":v1h5gtdc said:
On the old forum every time I logged on all the posts since I lasted visited would light up. If I then went to look at another website before coming back to rb say 10 mins later, only new posts from the 10 min period would be lit, therefore showing me if there was anything new to read.
Seems to be highlighting everything unread now, instead of everything new since last visit. "View New Posts" works so probably just a config tweak?

kingoffootball":2dt8ibes said:
Use 'Mark topics read' in the top right at the end of each session, rather than needing to log out, then next time it will indicate all the posts that are new since then.

It's actually much better for people who access the site via a system that ends up logging them out at random intervals, as they don't lose the unread posts until they have either read them or clicked 'Mark topics read'.

Hi

I've problem with searching results - when I want to see all posts by me (to see if someone answer to my posts after my last visit) I don't see which threads are having new posts, which not

I old forum there were list of threads and I have seen which of them are marked as threads with new posts, now it is just list of my posts, without information about new posts in thread

What a constructive afternoon.

Made a few adjustements so hopefully things are running a little quicker. As such tried to rebuild the search again.

Thought I'd best try and do something worthwhile over and above going through code and log files. As such have installed a couple of little mods.

➡️ The ReIMG mod which automatically scales images to the screen size. Let me know how you go with this. See a slight performance hit when loading a thread with a lot of images but nothing significant.

➡️ YouTube mod. Using the youtube code you should see above you can now do this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ETziC9oBtM[/youtube]

Will reply to other matters later.

It's all looking really good John, glad I don't have to do all the work on the part of the iceberg that can't be seen! Particularly like being able to embed Youtube videos like above.

Funnily enough though, when I first saw the upgrade my initial thought was "Change. I don't like change". Then I actually started to navigate round and within minutes it was "this change lark is really good" - now if only I can apply that approach to these 8 speed STis you mention above......

ededwards":2krzeknw said:
It's all looking really good John, glad I don't have to do all the work on the part of the iceberg that can't be seen! Particularly like being able to embed Youtube videos like above.

Funnily enough though, when I first saw the upgrade my initial thought was "Change. I don't like change". Then I actually started to navigate round and within minutes it was "this change lark is really good" - now if only I can apply that approach to these 8 speed STis you mention above......

Steady now big guy.

Anyhow back to the other post related things people have mentioned.

As far as I can tell everything is setup and running as excpected - the behaviour people are noticing especially with the 'view new posts' link is as expected. It is showing posts since the start of your last visit. Pretty sure this behaviour is different to the last version. Need to dog further.

skolioza":2b198d4p said:
Hi

I've problem with searching results - when I want to see all posts by me (to see if someone answer to my posts after my last visit) I don't see which threads are having new posts, which not

I old forum there were list of threads and I have seen which of them are marked as threads with new posts, now it is just list of my posts, without information about new posts in thread

How are you finding your old posts? Search is pretty hosed currently so if you go via there it'll do who knows what.

If you click 'View your posts' this seems to be working ok as far as I can tell. Threads are listed in reverse time order, threads with new and unread posts are shown with the animated folder icon. If you don't see this suggest you clear cache and cookies and restart your browser.

Having trouble finding older posts as well....

Tried to find audi-allroad his Klein Attitude Gator 21".

I used the following term: klein attitude gator
"author": left blank
"search in forums": none selected
"search sub forums" yes
"search within": topic titles only
"sort result by": post time / descending
"display results as": topics only
"limit results ..": all results
"return first": all available

This did not find it!
Any option with "klein attitude gator" did not find Florians bike?!?!

Of course I mean this thread:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=237852
(I did find this using the google search....)

please help!

I must say that response to posts by email is sooo much slower than the old system, but on the whole, what was the old system like?

Alison

Back