British Steel

What I gots:

1988 Chas Roberts built F.W Evans MTB - Fillet brazed and lugged frame, TIG'd fork, Shimano M730, Mavic Dakar wheels, Salsa stem, blah.
IMAGE_E1A8E22E-071B-4AAD-AE28-5934A8A9226C.JPG

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234599&start=15

1989 Bob Jackson built Merlin - Sturmey Archer drum brake specific, fillet brazed frame and forks, M730 grouppo, some other period correct stuff.
P1000555.JPG

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=142839&p=1068531#p1068531

1989 Tom Bromwich frame - fillet brazed/lugged frame, needs work, and building into a bike, and a fork.
photo%2525201.JPG

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161530&p=1211817#p1211817

1991 Chas Roberts White Spider - Fillet brazed race tube set, matching RC30 (but I do have a spare Roberts FB fork), unsure on build as it needs a respray due to an (undisclosed) dent and I haven't the heart to repaint it yet.
Roberts.jpg

1992 Dave Yates Diabolo - Neon, Bob Jackson fillet brazed fork, Suntour XC Pro MD group and a few neon parts, should be done in a couple of months
P1020013.JPG

1992 Dolan Cougar - WIP, fillet brazed frame and fork, unknown tubing spec, Suntour XC Pro group, salsa and that
IMAGE_FA41666A-1044-4585-A709-D680B469F48A.JPG

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=239286&p=1795487#p1795487

1992 Zinn Z-Disc - disc specific frame and fork built around first gen Hope cable discs, Hope/Sakae large flange bolt-on hubs, Campagnolo groupset, ti bolts, lendal carbon bar, period race machine that I have neglected to finish despite owning for 3 years.
P1000179.JPG

Looks bad here but that is how it came to me, can't complain, it was cheap.

1994 Terry Dolan built Cougar - Fillet brazed from 753, built out of spare parts to get it working, used as a hack, stolen, recovered, full geared refurb planned for the future. Probably.
P1010559.JPG

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=167553&p=1255690#p1255690

1994? Overburys race frame - Fillet brazed, 1 1/8" head tube, no rack/mudguard provision, no frame number.
IMAGE_CA247C26-6675-4FBF-855B-EDF73AAF407F.JPG

Not a complete collection, but I'm getting there. Would still like a Fuquay, a Dave Lloyd and a Sonic, then I may consider stopping the greedy accumulation of British bikes.

Wow - that is some collection!!

I really like the drum braked Bob Jackson Merlin - that looks like a blast!

That 753 Terry Dolan Cougar is pretty special too.

Please could you post some pictures of the rear disc brake, levers and hub etc on the Zinn - this set up is the last bit of the jigsaw for my Dave Lloyd.

Thanks for posting your collection :D

nevadasmith":2g53e9ej said:
Please could you post some pictures of the rear disc brake, levers and hub etc on the Zinn - this set up is the last bit of the jigsaw for my Dave Lloyd.

At some point yes, it's sort of all in boxes. I actually have a spare rear wheel, which is a Campagnolo (or is it Shimano?) tandem hub that has had the NDS flange threaded to accept a screw-on disc. It's rudimentary, but it works, kinda, except if you put the brake on and roll the bike backwards it unscrews the disc.

As they are cable operated then any cantilever compatible lever will work, the Zinn came with SS5s as someone had weight-weenified it, but I will be using Campagnolo Centaur.

Wonderful stable.

I have a soft spot for the Diabolo; it is a bike that IMHO everyone should own and ride at some point. Mine is an absolute gem and such fun to ride.

I'm with Adrian on the Bob Jackson and the green Dolan Cougar, although, in reality, there is not a bad'un amongst them.

Great collection Roly, very jealous, especially that Zinn z-disc. Can't wait to see it built up.

The Overburys and the Dolan Cougar are pretty special too.

Keep'em coming mate...

I just love the look of these frames :cool:

What a cool way to give the rider more stand over room....So BITD and only if i can find a 16" :D

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 901
Rod_Saetan":24updjdp said:
sinnerman":24updjdp said:
Its a real Bargain for the Money, cheap enough to warrant a rebuild and being kept considering, IMHO

Where it not aluminium, and somewhat heinous to look at I would have a craic at the restoration to magazine test spec.

Cant disagree with you there, it isnt a pretty girl, thats for sure...

Cheers for taking the time to post your bikes too. im really looking forward to seeing the cougar and the zinn finished.

:cool:

disc pic for adrian, unsure if it will help or not, terrible pic im afraid, but after looking its the best that i can find for the moment... :oops:

Attachments

• D.V BIKESPORT.jpg
    D.V BIKESPORT.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 838
  • REYNOLDS 753 MASTER CRAFTSMAN.jpg
    REYNOLDS 753 MASTER CRAFTSMAN.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 838
  • DISC BRAKES DAVE LLOYD CATS WHISKAS.jpg
    DISC BRAKES DAVE LLOYD CATS WHISKAS.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 838
My recently aquired Overbury's Pioneer which was purchased by the previous owner 2nd hand in 1990. It was black and yellow when he bought it and had no decals. This was resprayed by Bromwich Cycles where early original Overbury's decals and a Bromwich 531 decal were applied (I've been told that the frame has Columbus tubing). This information was provided by the chap I bought it from.
Cable guides are on the head tube which I've not seen on too many of the Pioneers.
Build details to be confirmed. Not sure whether to stick with the existing paintwork or get it repainted with new decals.
dscf4778y.jpg

dscf4779b.jpg

dscf4781x.jpg

dscf4782t.jpg

dscf4784m.jpg

dscf4780.jpg

And here is my Orbit, possibly as old as 1987. Unfortunately due to other projects this is getting put on the back burner and possibly even have to be sold to raise funds. Iconic Orbit paintwork and unfiled fillet brazing.
dscf4785c.jpg

dscf4790s.jpg

dscf4788g.jpg

dscf4787k.jpg

Latest posts

Back