Windows 8 Upgrade Woes!

Then don't wait, order NOW !

I personally can't be bothered to buy it. I tried the pre-release version on my netbook and that made me buy a spare Win7 disk, just in case. This is one version of Windows I'll skip.

On my windows machine I still use xp and it does everything I need it too...it's a retro site not an apple fan boy site waiting and drooling over the last update..but wait :facepalm: :LOL:

I have bought loads of licenses now.

I have been using it a while on various machines.

With a few tweaks it is great on desktops, and from the go it is great on swipy things.

Just panicked a little as the cut off point was approachin' but the price has not gone up here yet!

:)

Windows 8 and upgrade are oxymorons.

Always remember, every other version of Windows sucks. In OS ads? Bite me.

sylus":1xst9ok4 said:
On my windows machine I still use xp and it does everything I need it too...it's a retro site not an apple fan boy site waiting and drooling over the last update..but wait :facepalm: :LOL:

I love Windows XP, stable and simple, the little 6 yo netbook we use for music in the shop has it, never crashed never failed still going strong. After the Vista fiasco and buying a machine with Windows 7 on that wouldn't run for more than 20 mins without blue screening we decided to go over to macs, just upgraded all of them to the new OS, 17 euros for 3 machines, click the link it downloads and does everything for you, no updates everytime you switch the damn thing on either.
Not saying mac is better or anything like that but if Microsoft made cars or worse yet planes........

Whenever MS brings out a new OS I always wait a few months or for the first service pack before I upgrade and I've never had any problems.

Windows XP was great, no nonsense, rock solid and familiar to anyone familiar with Windows NT and Windows 2000. Unfortunately, support for XP will end next year, so you might have problems finding drivers etc. if you want to install it on new hardware in the future: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/end-support-help

I waited for the first service pack and I had no problems with Windows Vista once I got used to where things were; I still have it running on a second "Media" PC.

Windows 7 is fine and operationally similar to Vista.

I had my first look at Windows 8 on a friends laptop the other day and I'm not in a hurry to upgrade from Windows 7. I'm sure I'd get used to the new interface and dragging aps to the bottom left corner to close them, but it's slower/clunkier than clicking a red X in the top right when using a keyboard and mouse - perhaps there are ways of making it work more like older versions that I didn't discover in the short time I played with it; in a similar way that you could make Vista and 7 look like "Windows Classic".

Bought the son a laptop for Xmas with Windows 8 installed.

Is there anything more annoying than spending hours trying to work out all the changes?

I'm quite computer savvy but took me a while just to find out how to close it down!
Think I will stick to Vista in "classic" mode.

You can tweak it to act just like 7, quite easy.

I have installed it on a few desktops and a pile of tablets that came blank.

Works a charm, and for £25 a hit where is the pain?

Latest posts

Back