Italian Masi 3V (Volumetrica) FS

toby1974

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Hi There,

I'm selling my beloved Masi 3V. Size 56cm seat-tube c to c x top-tube c to c 56cm.

I restored her about a year ago and as you can see from the enclosed photos is stunning.

So here we have a Masi 3V made from oversize Excell Podium tubing from France. According to the date code on the bottom bracket she was built in September 1988. I've confirmed this with Alberto Masi who told me that it was built at the famous vigorelli track workshop in Sep 1988. I've registered the bike on Bob Hoveys website of which he is a Masi expert. The code on the bottom bracket says - 829/VR 59.5/889. The headtube has two lines of pressed circles in the headtube which I think from reading is something to do with the type of Excell tubing used. I have a French Haral Chambery frame with the same style of pressed circles on the tubes, again made of Excell tubing.

The Groupset is full Campagnolo C-Record the last generation plus the famous Delta brakes. Wheels are Mavic open 4cd rims with Mavic 501 hubs (28 hole) very very smooth. Cinelli bars and stem. Simplex shifters. White Rolls San Marco saddle (NOS). Fresh Cinelli cork ribbon. I'm looking for around £1500 but open to offers. Ideally I'd rather sell her here rather than EBay. Any questions please get in touch. If you want to see more photos please PM me with your email address and I can send them to you. Thanks, Toby

Attachments

• Masi 3V 2.jpg
    Masi 3V 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,240
  • Masi 3V 1.jpg
    Masi 3V 1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,241
  • masi 3V 4.jpg
    masi 3V 4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,239
  • masi 3V 4.jpg
    masi 3V 4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,237
Bump

Have a absolutely stunning machine type bump.
Great bike, great price as well and thankfully for the credit card, too big.

Cheers
Jamie

Hi.
Question.. on the pics you have c record gear levers and a regal saddle but you are listing the bike with simplex levers and a rolls saddle.
are there any other differences from pics to listing?
thanks Kadir

Hi Kadir,

Sorry I changed the c-record syncro levers as they don't work that well, the Simplex shifters work alot better TBH. The saddle I've swapped for a NOS white Rolls saddle. Sorry I should have mentioned that in the explanation. Those are the only differerences. If you want to view the bike your welcome to.

Thanks,

Toby

Hi there - lovely bike, I too have an '86 Italian Masi 3V, but without such a lovely period groupset so this keeps tempting me! Question though - the downtube shifters appear to be attached with a band-on adaptor, what happened to the original braze-on mounts, or am I missing something? Rgds Hutch

Latest posts

Back