Klein MC2 Backfire 1996

jonrock

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Browsing through the Klein catalogues I always lusted after the MC2 Backfire featured in the 96 catalogue.
I guess the fact that Ive never seen one other than in the catalogue maybe had something to do with it.
I suppose 'unobtainable' comes to mind!

Here she is....

KLEINMC2BF.jpg

Quite a strange build if you look.
Nice tune stuff but mismatching brakes and splashes of blue probably to tie up with the Pearl Blue clear.

So I thought as its quite quiet out the front of my house with the recent cold spell it would be a good idea to paint it myself.
The front of my house is quite big and I didnt think I'd get too much overspray on the neighbours cars. :LOL:

I have a Klein tube sample stand and on it is the actual colours I wanted.
The original had a blue pearl over the top ta boot but I didnt really fancy that.

I didnt have an MC2 Adroit to hand either so I thought I'd chuck a bit of paint on an MC2 Attitude I had lying around instead.
Some people will have kittens over this but I also prefer the Strata logos to the skinny Klein decals on the forks that its supposed to have so I opted for the Strata ones...perhaps I will burn in Klein hell but hey its a rider for me and well...lifes too short!

Heres the spec.

Frame: Klein MC2 Attitude 96 19"
Brake calipers: Grafton Speed controller
Cassette: SRP Titanium 8 speed NOS
Chain: D.I.D NOS
Crankset: Tune Bigfoot
Bottom Bracket: Klein
Front Derailleur: Proshift
Rear Derailleur: Proshift
Levers: Grafton Re-entry NOS
Shifters:Shimano M900/Grafton Perches NOS
Headset: Klein
Cables: Shimano (Sorry PeteMcc!)
Handlebar: Klein MC2
Stem: Klein MC2
Handlebar Grips: Serfas
Seatpost: Klein
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Pedals: Grafton Speedtrap Mountain
Tyres: Klein Deathgrip
QR: Tune Ti
Wheels: Tune Mig Mag-hubs, Mavic-rims

J

JR_3.jpg

JR_5.jpg

JR_4-001.jpg

JR_2-001.jpg

JR_7-001.jpg

JR-002-1.jpg

JR_6-001-1.jpg

Very nice Jon, so you did it then! Quality parts too and great photos, top marks to you sir!

Backfire MC2, very nice!
Only two little points.
First the seatpost. Even its a Klein branded, this build earned a tune or something like that.
And imho silver spokes fit better for a bike from 1996.

That´s what I call a SuperSEXY colour scheme. It is like a strawberry / cherry / lemon summer water ice, delicious!!:

Nice to see another Klein colour scheme than the usual.

More proof that your painting is "top" notch J :cool:

Back