What's uuuup ?

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
What you all up to, building buying?

and when we going to ride now only have the wind to worry about :LOL:

Just got me wheels for my Altitude '93 so one step further with that.

Pulled trebz seals out eventually, now to figure out how to get some back in. Not as easy as all the other MAG models. I've never had the privilege of playing with MAG30 top seals, they are contained in a plastic case meaning I have to squeeze a seal somehow in to it. :facepalm:
Once that is done I can blow them apart to clean the innards up.

Completely fixed some broken M737 RF shifters, taking both pawls out, cleaning them up, greasing and working in some lube. Job done :) now to find a use for them.

Fitted Quadra 21Rs to my 92 Karakoram last night and just popped new front pads in my Muddyfox tonight. Nothing else needs fixing so its time I got a new project. (When Trebz gets it collected for me) ;)

I'm just gathering parts for my GT Richter 8.0 single speed project. The only thing stopping me building is getting the chain length and line right.

I'm planning to run it with a single front brake as well. Not sure if I dare use a single cantilever or not ! :)

May have to be a V-Brake.

The bike will be a rough looking collection of mostly black components if all goes to plan.

Can't wait to throw it about in the local woods hehe.

I just finished the new build:

Pugbike01.jpg

Is the Richter 8.0 a '92 or '93 Trebz?

I'm meant to be spending all my bike time/money on my '93 Richter 8.0. Next steps = frame to LSN for powdercoating and ordering spokes to get the Tioga front wheel built, once the rim arrives. The delay on the powdercoating is mainly due to deciding whether the seat tube is fine or whether I should try to get some minor repairs done beforehand and deciding whether to just take that frame or some of the others that are awaiting powdercoating too.

In the mean time I've stripped down my unknown fastback frame and now intend to throw together a build as quickly as possible to test if it's big enough for me before I get the frame refinished.

And I've been stripping and cleaning parts of the Diamond Back, because when the bars arrive I think I have everything ready to build it up - assuming I don't decide the frame needs touching up to prevent corrosion, which is a possibility.

Hopefully, I'll find time this weekend to strip and clean the drive chain on the Butler too, as it seemed to be making an intermittent noise on my way home last night.

The other projects are all taking a back seat :)

kingoffootball":k2csbh6r said:

I think it's a 93, it's black with MAG 30 forks. It's been stripped and the parts have been dropped onto various bikes, some part have been sold. What's left will be the base of my new single speed knockabout bike.

Trebz":m3ya3g92 said:
kingoffootball":m3ya3g92 said:

I think it's a 93, it's black with MAG 30 forks. It's been stripped and the parts have been dropped onto various bikes, some part have been sold. What's left will be the base of my new single speed knockabout bike.

Its a 92, last year of the U brakes ;)

I love U brakes, but I'm pleased with my '93 with its mix of tubing. I keep meaning to say that if anyone was intending to get a frame powdercoated soon I can take it to LSN when I take mine.

Back