Micro milling machine

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can anybody recommend a cheap and compact micro milling machine? Something small enough to sit on my kitchen table and cheap enough for an ordinary poor man to afford. I have a few stalled projects that are crying out for such a device, my life will more than likely remain incomplete until I get my hands on one.
Ta

Micro Mill 2000:
http://www.microproto.com/micromill2000.htm

Never used one, so I cannot recommend, but from what I've read over the last 10 years or so, it's the cheapest turn-key kit you can buy from a manufacturer. The largest thing you can mill with it is a bit smaller than a shoebox. Sorry if you already know about it.

There are hobbyists who have created their own by buying the individual parts, which I'm sure is an even cheaper way to go, but I'm sure that takes a good amount of time and a lot of specialized knowledge.

That looks impressive but my budget would probably stretch to the chuck and plug on that wee beastie! I have a strange desire to knock up some home made components, the main thing it needs to do is drill a precise hole at a settable angle. Much of the other stuff can be cut and shaped by hand.

I was going to suggest and Emco Unimat, which is what I have, but I just looked at the prices on the bay :shock:

dyna-ti":1f2u6xxq said:
Proxxon :cool:
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/35069313 ... pla&crdt=0

These people are the big name in professional modelmaking

Ah ha. This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. My cordless drill just doesn't cut it when trying to make a hardwood derailleur!
I also have the remains of a couple of fancy old cnc brakes, I quite fancied recreating them with new arms........Best get saving up

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back