Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

Don't like it. :x

Why does it keep telling me loads of threads have been updated since I last visited when they have not? :facepalm: Do I have to log out every time for this to work now?

Use 'Mark topics read' in the top right at the end of each session, rather than needing to log out, then next time it will indicate all the posts that are new since then.

I hope that's what you meant!

Liking the new look now I've got used to it.

Just acouple of things, our feedback buttons have dissapeared and the Facebook link seems to have gone?

chrisv40":33e5bsgv said:
Liking the new look now I've got used to it.

Just acouple of things, our feedback buttons have dissapeared and the Facebook link seems to have gone?

I like it too, feedback and facebook seem to be back in peoples sigs now.

Keep up the good work John.

weeman_mtb":2bm1l2s5 said:
Keep up the good work John.

Ta :cool:

Righty ho, a few points to address

1. Fixed the feedback and other extra profile links, my mistake.
2. Search is an issue due to board size. It's going to be some work to get it working properly again, guess we're looking at next week now. Having read up on it last night not sure how search kept running on the last version. Must've been like a 7 speed block with thumbies in the mud, you can just grind it through, now we've upgraded to 8 speed and STIs it's an issue.
3. The board software is designed so that links do not open in a new window (with a few exceptions). I've taken a quick look at this and it's quite involved, will try and do it at some point but not a priority.
4. Mobile version is up for test, please read post #1.
5. Intend to update the current 'pony' view topic template to look more like the old one.

brocklanders023":2bm1l2s5 said:
Don't like it. :x

Good ho.

brocklanders023":2bm1l2s5 said:
Why does it keep telling me loads of threads have been updated since I last visited when they have not? :facepalm: Do I have to log out every time for this to work now?

If you want me to look at this really need full details, not 100% sure what you actually mean.

I think the fact we're picking on such minor fripperies as text alignment (agree they're more convenient centered) and smileys (glad to have them back :D ) speaks volumes about what a cracking job John's done!

I'm preferring to use the desktop version on my phone (S3), works well, although I will try again on the mobile version. Only annoyance is the text not wrapping to screen width as you type. It fits fine after it's been posted (or in preview) though :)

Where am l who am I ?
I better get of this mobile and have a better look this eve.
I have a rest from the computer for a few days and bang what's all this:cool:

John":2ew0sepm said:
brocklanders023":2ew0sepm said:

If you want me to look at this really need full details, not 100% sure what you actually mean.

Should have explained better I guess, I'll have another go. On the old forum every time I logged on all the posts since I lasted visited would light up. If I then went to look at another website before coming back to rb say 10 mins later, only new posts from the 10 min period would be lit, therefore showing me if there was anything new to read.

Since the upgrade the posts stay lit, even if I go and come back. For example, I logged on this morning but it's still showing yesterdays posts as unread, or lit even though I looked at them yesterday if you get what I mean?

brocklanders023":27q2xtxv said:
John":27q2xtxv said:
brocklanders023":27q2xtxv said:

Should have explained better I guess, I'll have another go. On the old forum every time I logged on all the posts since I lasted visited would light up. If I then went to look at another website before coming back to rb say 10 mins later, only new posts from the 10 min period would be lit, therefore showing me if there was anything new to read.

Since the upgrade the posts stay lit, even if I go and come back. For example, I logged on this morning but it's still showing yesterdays posts as unread, or lit even though I looked at them yesterday if you get what I mean?

That's happening with me too. Thought I was doing it wrong, might still be doing it wrong. :oops:

Back