1996 DBR Axis R

It's amazing what a little TLC does. I just cleaned it mate. Stripped all parts, and cleaned them individually, and replaced the bits as per original post. Other than that it's the same bike and parts, just with less mud and gunk ;)

Not got the means to weigh it. However, it is pretty light and not far off my Axis, which I know is 10.4kg without pedals in original spec. Which is a smidge under 23lb. I'd say the R comes in around 24 or 25

Went for my first ride with my wife yesterday, in this country anyway. She was on her 94 Hahanna that I built her for Christmas. A leisurely 17 mile ride, mostly along the prom, but with a few meters through mud (wife's favourite bit, which is good news). She liked her bike, but today I switched out her Gripshift to STX STIs. She complained of sore hands and a sore bum, no issues with either bike though, so good news. The R is running smooth, but currently trying to "tune" my Vs while sat in the warm lounge

We stopped for some food, and I took this

8420963986_fa5a90ba93_c.jpg
[/img]

Advice please folks. Silver, ti or black seatpost? I've seen a nice black Ritchey Comp seatpost. It may be a bit modern, but matches the chainset. Do you think it would work? Or Should I hold out for a DEAN Ti, or just a nicer silver alloy one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310553215515?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi all,

I went for a new silver one, but could still be interested in something else, seatpostwise.

Any advice on chainset? Decided I want to go to for a period correct one, 5 arm. Silver, red or black?

Cheers
Tim

Didn't they come with Sugino as standard? Got one on my Klein alongside M739 mechs and brakes.

$(KGrHqF,!qcFBp-pcVrmBQp9DcDZ!w~~60_12.JPG

If that's too "factory" you could bling it up with a tricolor of ano rings... Which will either compliment the frame or clash horribly!

$(KGrHqJ,!lQE-30EBRgGBP8YQbscIg~~60_12.JPG

I am thinking of trying the tricolour. They did come with Sugino originally, but they weren't that great, although I have that one in my watch list. What really puts me off is that they were black originally, and the arms look tatty. I'm thinking maybe Middleburn or I saw some nice ones on a for sale thread on here and I've enquired as to their dates

If the anodising has been stripped then they will corrode pretty quickly.
I'd avoid unless they are cheap enough to get polished then anodised?

Back