Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

For some reason when I get a topic reply email and I use the link in the email it insists I log in before showing me the thread now, any reason for this?

Alison

Isaac_AG":1h6swnxp said:
For some reason when I get a topic reply email and I use the link in the email it insists I log in before showing me the thread now, any reason for this?

Alison

Was just wondering the same, tend to stay logged in at home & the mobile as much as possible (what can I say, I love the place).

Mobile version going okay so far, if anything it's oversimplified, but getting used to it and generally all good :cool:

Happy to have the old smileys back, seem much friendlier! ;) :LOL:

I am on the mobile version of the site on my iPhone. I generally like it except that the thread titles are in red which makes it look a bit odd - black would be fine and a bit easier to read. Also the font could be a bit smaller to fit a bit more on the screen.

Otherwise I think the mobile look is great.

The general site new features and look I love though - love the new PM features.

It'd be nice if some people reduced their signature sizes though. :-/

Rob Atkin":3j4tw0ij said:

It'd be nice if some people reduced their signature sizes though. :-/

Intriguing, on Android the font is very small already and sigs have disappeared completely :?

Also when replying on the mobile version you can't see the previous posts in the thread which is a bit of a shame for the goldfish brained amongst us :oops:

I selected the mobile version and it still uses it on my computer when I am logged in.....so not much use to be honest.....

Signatures should be 4 lines long as per the rules I think anyway...

Rob Atkin":32hpqvl3 said:
I selected the mobile version and it still uses it on my computer when I am logged in.....so not much use to be honest.....

1359656286867.jpg

:p

Rampage":2eph4iel said:
Rob Atkin":2eph4iel said:

1359656286867.jpg

:p
It is 4 lines long, it's text wrapping making it 5

The mobile site is on test, like the old one it will be your default skin. From what John said, it in future should be able to detect a mobile browser and serve the skin automatically, so you can then keep the normal as you default and have the best of both worlds.
On my Nexus 7 browser I can request a normal site if needed, so can test that out in the future.

Things were certainly different before these new changes...for the moment it feels like the supermarket as re-arranged the food stuffs ....a bit like the crisps are no longer near the beer or the mayonnaise is now with the corn flakes.

I preferred the older version with all the options (such as Login, Profile, etc.) in the middle at the top, rather than some on the left and some on the right now. Is it not best to have the Author and User Id left justified?. Using Windows XP and Firefox 18.

Seems to work fine though and great job to be online!

Looking good John :cool: nice clean coloured layout, I got my 1st PM notification email on the new forum software and it tells me who is was sent by, nice touch :cool:

Keep up the good work

Back