Beast of the East

nice Dale

Looks lovely, is it original paint? Only think I would possibly change, is matching post and stem (both Syncros) and some more period tyres like Porcs or Blackwall Panaracer Fire? Well done M8

That is stunning!. I prefer purposeful builds that look like they were planned to do a job instead of for the 'look' of it.

Love it. :cool:

I appreciate the feedback, everybody. Cheers!

Kaiser, there is the usual Beast of the East decal on the non-drive chainstay. In very good shape, I must say, thankfully!

Dhphat, Sorry pal...cage not for sale. Nice try tho! ;)

World Ranger, The paint is original and in great shape. There are some scratches on the drive side chainstay and a few minor nicks in the clear coat, but it polished up very nicely. I have both Syncros Ti and a black hardcore posts, but I wanted the bike to have sort of a built for a purpose on a budget college type feel to it, and back in the day my bikes never seemed to have stuff that matched! :LOL: . Plus the XT setback is more to my liking. I intend on using it to commute, so I wouldn't use a tire with any retro value on it at this point. The CSTs Cabalerros are take-offs from my Cannondale Rush, so I'll just use them up. I'm not so sure that skinwall tires and the black Deep Vs with silver sidewalls would be a good idea... I'm also using Kool Stop pads instead of the DX M-systems that came with the brakes, so I can stop :D , and so I can save the old pads from use.

Cherrybomb, I agree 100%. I won't throw this poor old girl down a rocky trail, but I'm not going to put her out to pasture either. I will use the bike daily 11 miles round trip. :D

*change* I had to swap the 636 DX pedals for XTR spuds, because the 636s didn't work well with the sole design on my spd sandals. And I commute in sandals (welcome to sunny Florida!)

Thanks again everybody!

Any chance of a pic of the BofE decal? Could you tell me what size tyres your using too and if you think you could go bigger?

Wow…I have a virtual identical cannondale red frame (slightly earlier model as it has a lug welded on for the seat clamp – non collar type). I dug it out of the cellar at weekend and cleaned her up as I managed to get hold of a black projectII threaded 1” fork……!! Are we heading for the same build here….?? Regardless, thanks for the inspiration to get it on the road, you’ve made a great job. The red frame and black PII’s look ace. I drop you some photos when we’re in business.

Back