Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

drystonepaul":2o3jwc5t said:
Content migration is a bit like moving house. Very stressful and something always gets lost or broken.

I'm genuinely impressed at how smoothly it's all been going.

Good work John.

Thanks Paul :D

A few points.

1. Mobile. Always a popular one. I've installed a mobile template to test, if people could give it a good try and let me know their thoughts that'd be good. If you go to your User COntrol Panel > Board Preferences > Edit global styles > My board styles > Artodia . Reckon it seems good after a quick test. If feedback is good will set up template and ensure it is automatically used on mobile devices.

2. Yes, agree some kind of image resize mod would be good to ensure we don't get 14MP images hotlinked onto the forum screwing up the template.

3. Smilies. Gone back to phpbb2 for the moment. May go back to phpbb3 and add a few new ones.

Oh and

4. Enables the quick reply box. Dunno what we think to that.

5. Did anyone use the chat? Seems to be working ok....

Like the quick reply (on PC now) and it's still only one click to full editor so no extra at all.

On 2, each reply seems to be resizing individually so this is loads better already :)

Great work John!

I have a couple of queries regarding PMs:

1) I noticed that after changing a PM in my outbox that the following message is displayed at the bottom:

"Last edited by XXX on XXX, edited XXX times in total."

Is this a permanent change, or will it be tweaked out like in the previous version?

2) I thought a way to get around the above is to copy / paste in to a new PM and delete the old message in my outbox.

However, I now think the recipient is notified when a PM is deleted as I have received the following message in my inbox:

"This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered."

Is this a permanent feature?

In my opinion the author of a PM should be able to make changes to a message in their outbox without the recipient knowing.

Many thanks! :D

I have three emails outgoing to Retrobike chaps stuck in my Outbox...

Is this related to the forum upgrade.

I need to provide some updates to fellow Retrobikers....

Thanks

Trebz

Trebz":s1l86ykr said:
I have three emails outgoing to Retrobike chaps stuck in my Outbox...

Is this related to the forum upgrade.

I need to provide some updates to fellow Retrobikers....

Thanks

Trebz

Isn't that because they have not read them yet

Alison

Hi
The search function does not seem to be working ?
Some results come back with 0 and some come back with results but not as good as before the software update?

A few of us were in chat last night.

Worked fine, thanks :)

Also tried the mobile layout, very good.

However when I logged back on on the desktop, it had also changed to the mobile layout. Is this normal?

When I use the go back tab at the top left of the computer screen I keep getting ''this web page has expired'' is it my laptop? it never used to do it? I can use the jump to option on the page to get back. Thanks

Back