sti//ergo

will911

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for decent pair 8 /9 shimano sti levers, or 9 sp ergo campagnolo non left indexed/front meck pull ratio changed models ie pre 2005.. what have you in retro land?? will ..pm please..

I have a pair of Shimano Sora 8spd double STIs in good cosmetic condition, excellent mechanically (very little use), £60 posted. For the avoidance of doubt, as they say, Campag/Shimano not interchangeable without faff?

no , i've no issues with compatability, i can swing the gear set and the build depending on what i turn up.. will

Somebody really should create a friction left triple "sti type" lever.
The early Campags had it right with the micro clicks, but now only in the ££ ones.
We don't need indexed left levers!
Good luck and a free bump :D

Shimano obviously think that we do.. i agree , anyone who actually builds repairs and works with modern machinery knows that its a faff, indexing on the front , it works on shimano for a time , cable stretch, lack of maintenance, and is a nightmare if like me you don't rate shimano chains or chainsets or rings..i don't race , i don't need 10 sprockets, i love my fit and forget 9 speed pre 2005 campagnolo stuff, i have newer 10 sp campag and have had no issues but it hasn't had 10000 miles on it.. i have only one shimano bike.. its a giant hybrid morphed into a winter 7sp alloy sti levers the ones that don't break easily,fsa chainset, running on 32 tyres.. pic below....TGR calls it my winter winter bike as i have a steel winter cherubim clone.. will

Attachments

• R1 016 (Small).jpg
    R1 016 (Small).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 217
I was planning to sell these as part of a complete groupset but I've not had interest in it yet. how does £50 seem?
600sti1_zpsa974f262.jpg

600sti2_zps66acc671.jpg

600sti3_zpsacdecd08.jpg

Back