Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

Trying to love it but it's just not happening yet, give it time give it time!

Cheers John! :D

Content migration is a bit like moving house. Very stressful and something always gets lost or broken.

I'm genuinely impressed at how smoothly it's all been going.

Good work John.

"search" doesn't seem to be working too well. I've just tried finding an old Dekerf sale thread of mine and no matches were found. It skips from 2013 back to 2008. 4 years missing!
The layout of results ain't too clever either; it gives individual posts instead of thread titles.

Rampage":1l81diwp said:
Do PM's now have to be deleted manually? Rather than anything after 6 pages being removed automatically?
You need to change that in your settings, I just opted to bump the oldest off the end of the list

ch4v4l1f3":3r2ulnm7 said:
Have a look at HsImg (highslide) for the forum, it stops huge pictures from breaking the frame size on lower resolutions by opening them in a seperate frame, one click to enlarge and one click to close again.
Neil.
This would be fantastic, when big pics stop the text from wrapping at screen width it can make reading it a pain.

Very impressed how smoothly and quickly that went, great work! :D

Only a few observations, all from a Samsung S3 Android phone so far.

The first is that text doesn't wrap to the screen width when typing, although it does when previewing or viewing posts, this is making it really hard to check if I'm making sense!

More minor is the page links within a thread (previous 1 2 3 next) are very very small.

And really petty is that I'm not keen on the new shapes of the smileys, but maybe that'll stop me using them so much! :LOL:

raidan73":3m2813o1 said:
EDIT: Also it says I have 0 new messages but 1 unread message but I'm buggered if I can find it!! When a new PM comes in it says 2 new messages and 2 unread but then back to 0 new and 1 unread after I have read it :?

That's because your inbox is full. You need to delete a couple to make space for the new ones. I did just read that there is an auto delete function so that you do not have to go through it all manually. There's also the function to save pm's which is a good feature.

I really like the new font :cool:

I'm not sure how keen I am on the menu at the top though (ie. where it says "Login/Logout, FAQ, Search etc) but I'm sure that I'll get used to it and it really is nitpicking!

Nice work John :D

Can this forum now be integrated into the tapatalk mobile app, do you know? That would be nice as it means I can pretend to listen to my girlfriend whilst browsing RB when we're out and about ;)

The normal site works absolutely fine on my phone, by the way (HTC One X+, Android).

Back