Silverfish 1992 Yeti ARC

Silverfish, I like your work, always so clean.

But to be honest, I'm not sold on overuse of purple. Its taking a cool element/idea, and not knowing when to stop with it.

Like too many wings and spoilers and stickers on a car.

To each his own of course, I think the choice of parts is spot on.

Another vote for full bike line up shot!

I saw this in the flesh/alloy the other day and a hell of a lot of attention as gone into the build :cool:

An highlight of Corebike! Well done.

rumpfy":17pw3f2j said:

Thanks Rumpfy, that is much appreciated. If I was true to my 1992/3 self I should have covered the bike in stickers as well :D

I might try it with silver rings but that wasn't really the point of the build. It was to build a bike that was true to it's 92 heritage. Maybe the 3DV rings are too much, but it generated a lot of attention at the show this weekend and I think it looks better in the flesh than it does in the pictures. The irony is I NEVER would have specked purple BITD, I was way too cool for that :LOL:

I need to get some better pics sorted that are closer to how the bike actually looks in natural light. Am slammed at work so it's gonna be a couple of weeks b4 I can do that...

slimjoe":3ako4t0l said:
I saw this in the flesh/alloy the other day and a hell of a lot of attention as gone into the build :cool:

An highlight of Corebike! Well done.

Thanks slimjoe, you should have introduced yourself at Core Bike :D

Silverfish":hdb5f15c said:
rumpfy":hdb5f15c said:
Thanks Rumpfy, that is much appreciated. If I was true to my 1992/3 self I should have covered the bike in stickers as well :D

I might try it with silver rings but that wasn't really the point of the build. It was to build a bike that was true to it's 92 heritage.

My thoughts are identical to Rumpfy's, but I have to take on the comment about it's heritage. The ARC was a race bike, but I can't think of any ARCs or race bikes from the era that went as far as anodized chainrings. Even Tinker's Adroit, which over a whole other rainbow, featured silver rings.

Silverfish":1a9u5s73 said:
Thanks FRO, it looks even better now that I have swapped the silver Grafton pedals out for shimano 737's :)

inglésespañoleslovaco
I totally agree with you! 737 pedals fit perfectly, better than grafton...

Silverfish":24raje2g said:
rumpfy":24raje2g said:

I might try it with silver rings but that wasn't really the point of the build. It was to build a bike that was true to it's 92 heritage. Maybe the 3DV rings are too much, but it generated a lot of attention at the show this weekend and I think it looks better in the flesh than it does in the pictures. The irony is I NEVER would have specked purple BITD, I was way too cool for that :LOL:

I need to get some better pics sorted that are closer to how the bike actually looks in natural light. Am slammed at work so it's gonna be a couple of weeks b4 I can do that...

Put pictures of the fair silverfish. whenever possible,
course

Back