Carlton Super Course - restoration! **new paint**

I have always lusted after bikes with these badges...

main.php

Quite like it personally, looking a bit ratty; a street sleeper.

Not keen on the blue chainwheel with red bolts though :sick:

So where'd the other Campag bits go? (seatpost, brakes)

LOL!

Yes, we'll.... To be honest, the plan is to get it up and running first (single speed) and then once I have all of the bits and pieces, totally strip it back so that I can repair the frame.

I have just had some frame clamps machined up so that I can start rolling the seat tube to improve the roundness and remove some of the dent. Next up will be to take the frame back to metal and respray.

I have sourced some Carlton decals and 531 stickers but am not sure whether to go for original Super Course or use the Carlton Professional type decals instead??

The rebuild will include new gum wall tyres, Modolo brakes and levers and fresh hoods. I will also get a new seat, bar tape and polish up the cinelli bars and stem.

At this stage, I intend to run it as a single speed but may put double chainrings on and source front and rear mechs. Possibly Campagnolo or Suntour. I am undecided yet.

What do you all think?

Tel":1yj9oiid said:
Quite like it personally, looking a bit ratty; a street sleeper.

Not keen on the blue chainwheel with red bolts though :sick:

So where'd the other Campag bits go? (seatpost, brakes)

The seatpost is now on my Mercian and the campagnolo levers and super record front brake have been cleaned up and will soon be on eBay!

The brakes are in lovely condition and the brake shoes are aluminium or titanium not chrome so still look like new.

Theoldfm":21qkg5bt said:
LOL!

Yes, we'll.... To be honest, the plan is to get it up and running first (single speed) and then once I have all of the bits and pieces, totally strip it back so that I can repair the frame.

I have just had some frame clamps machined up so that I can start rolling the seat tube to improve the roundness and remove some of the dent. Next up will be to take the frame back to metal and respray.

I have sourced some Carlton decals and 531 stickers but am not sure whether to go for original Super Course or use the Carlton Professional type decals instead??

The rebuild will include new gum wall tyres, Modolo brakes and levers and fresh hoods. I will also get a new seat, bar tape and polish up the cinelli bars and stem.

At this stage, I intend to run it as a single speed but may put double chainrings on and source front and rear mechs. Possibly Campagnolo or Suntour. I am undecided yet.

What do you all think?

Good man, sounds like a plan to do the machine justice! :D

Re: Carlton Super Course - restoration!

I have been doing lots of polishing... Bought a new seat post too. This was the cheapest I could find of the right length - this is a budget build after all with the intention being for it to be effectively a free bike once all of the nice Campagnolo bits have been sold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 930

Nice shiny bar and stem - they were scratched to buggery before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 929

Modolo Speedy brakes bought off RB forum... That's a Campagnolo Gran Sport headset too. Soon to be swapped for a Tange so that this one can be sold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 927
Back