BALTIC BAWBAGS - 9th February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velo I can possibly help you out if you don't get any other offers. Let me work out the logistics!

velo - i can prob take you as far as perth as taking car into garage and then getting lift from ZZ.

was also thinking how could car share wi Rob if his car is playing up.

i can fit 2 bikes on the rack and one squeezed in boot with a lad sitting in back seat but the prob is getting from perth to dunkeld.

the prob with the car has actually been ok since last sat so thinking it might have sorted itself out. will keep an eye on it and decide if still putting car into garage then we 3 would be sorted.

emailed Mikee last week as noticed the same, think he's had a few things to sort out at home and has generally lost the biking mojo but i've been trying to gee him up for the sunday morning rides..

Hopefully one of the Lothian lads can run you velo, but if not i can do the honours. Klaus, thats way too far oot yer way.

I can take 4, with 2 on the roof and 2 hanging off the back, so if robs motor is deid an aw (what is it wi audis?) then we're still good.

I would offer but I don't have a rack for the Alfa so I'll need to put the GT in the back - I'm not really sure there is space for 2 bikes.

gmac
If you can tell me when you expect/plan to reach Perth train station so i can plan what train to get then i think thats a goer ;)

Touran is buggered - apparently a worn out engine at 95k - needs a rebuild/recon engine and garage doesn't want to do it - no oil pressure but pump and sensor is fine. We can do the occasion short trip but I wouldn't risk driving it to dunkeld - we moved house with the Alfa, the touran will empty the shed though.

velomaniac":l9mdjbef said:
gmac
If you can tell me when you expect/plan to reach Perth train station so i can plan what train to get then i think thats a goer ;)

ok, I owe Rado a lift from last year, so pm'd him to see if he's wanting collected

if so, I'l be heading to Glasgow first and

plan A - I'll get you at Perth, around what ever time suits the rail times.

if rado doesn't want a lift

plan B - I'll get you at North Queensferry (which I'm assuming is on your rail route and more convenient) as it's only a few miles further to go this way and not a bother at all

notes / conditions
1) expect me to be late, it's just the way I am
2) work's hellish at mo, not seen my wife for 2 days nor daughter for 3 days (apart from when they're sleeping). if weather conditions are forecasted to be like today and I've not seen the family in days. I may (be forced to) make a call on the Wed/thur prior to pull out as I can't really justify the time involved in a full day away for 3 hrs or so of riding in the pashing rain. I really don't anticipate this to be the case, and really want to be there, but it just the current circumstances. I have every intention of being there, being looking forward to it for a while and really needing a day out doing something I enjoy so it's very much worst case scenario
ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back