Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

suburbanreuben":3k55ilan said:
Where's the "quote" button on threads?
There is no bar to shift the screen over...

Quote button is on bottom right of the post. No idea about the bar though, I really don't have a problem here. Might be an issue with a specific browser. Which one are you using? In Chrome/Iron and IE everything seems to scroll just fine.

One request: make possible posting pictures from Picasa web albums because it doesn't work. Picasa uses https instead of http maybe that's the reason?

Great job,

Change is difficult for everyone - me more than most but i have learned to accept it and change with the times - everyone will get used to it in a short period of time. No doubt some people will remember the change in Microsoft Word - i am still fighting with the new one - compared it Word this is easy peassyy!!

Three things -

Someone suggested a donate function, i would second that but maybe not until the dust settles with the upgrade.

Chat function would be very handy

The ability to create folders for PM's is really useful.

John,

Thanks for all your effort - you actually do deserve a beer or maybe two!!!!

Richard

Good to hear some more positive feedback - this has taken a fair bit of thought.

Right, back to the issues.

See no alignment or scroll bar or other browser quirks on what I've tested it on. If you see something odd I really need details if I'm to fix it.

The template is pretty stock. I'm not 100% happy but it's very close to what we had before.....

Thanks for pointing out page titles, will sort that out.

Have updated the groups but still some work to be done here...

Overall I like it, think it will take a bit of getting used to like others.

I'm not getting email notifications yet and when I tried to reply to a PM (not all of them just one that I noticed) I have to 'quote' as the reply button seemed to be missing.

EDIT: Also it says I have 0 new messages but 1 unread message but I'm buggered if I can find it!! When a new PM comes in it says 2 new messages and 2 unread but then back to 0 new and 1 unread after I have read it :?

TGR":1il4ajmd said:
Someone suggested a donate function, i would second that but maybe not until the dust settles with the upgrade.

Two answers
1) Click on an advert and an ebay link in the ebay section or use AuctionWatch.
- Donating with time.... possibly money :LOL:

2) Buy some socks http://www.retrobike.co.uk/shop/
- Donating with money, you get something nice and you get to advertise the site. I can recommend the beanies (no longer for sale as far as I can see, shame lovely warm hats) and the peaked beenies (these are very nice in the winter as it folds down over your ears and neck)

Now I'm on my computer (not pad or phone) it is so much more functional and easy to use. Just not on the pad(chome for android) and phone (whatever older Android OS uses and Opera mini)

Loving the post has been made while you're typing part :)

Good work, I know what goes into maintaining a forum such as this (I won't publicise it as some might blush at the content) so appreciate the efforts you have gone to. Hopefully with a bit of fettling everything will be to the liking of the majority. I look forward to seeing the donate button.

Martin

Back