Carbon 456

More interestingly the new tyres are rather light compared to the DMR motos I've been running.

Continentals come in at 601g each... The DMRs are a whopping 874g each! So that's a whole 1lb off the bikes weight (546g).

B3C8797C-2523-408C-AE50-56D4F41E2C44-4923-0000033F3DBF0531.jpg

Not surprised you've given up on 3x9...I think it's pretty dead now if you ride any remotely technical terrain. I ditched the big ring in 2003 and have never missed it.

Even DH bikes run pretty small chainrings these days...I never felt the need for own bigger than a 36 tooth on my Big Hit and Demo.

Had said how nice Steve's 456 was looking and this is too! Very smart :cool:

I've done similar on a few bikes ditching the front rings and just running a 36, although have gone up to a 38 on my carbon frame as I find it ever so slightly undergeared around London (ie not very hilly lol)....

I had contemplated going up to a 38T but not sure if the c456 will take it without fouling the chain stay.

The only time I feel under geared is when I'm on my commute to work so not the end of the world. For off road work its reasonably hilly here so the 36T works well.

Just been for a nice ride in the sun... Blue sky, sun out.... Wet ground!

8FFDF5DF-DCA9-408D-9DA0-AB6B12E1A1F1-1128-00000106AA6C7BBD.jpg

15 miles done today, tyres were pretty good until they got filled with clay... Quick jaunt on a gravel footpath soon cleared that off though! :)

Still looking good... Gotta live the conti's... Most of the time

Hard to see in the picture, but solution have you come to, for protecting the chainstay?

I've just gone for the old fashioned bit of inner tube zip tied to the chain stay for the time being.

Have you found a good alternative yet?

No I've just done the same, but with a layer of heli tape underneath for added protection - paranoid.. :oops:

Back