RetroRoadRide Series 2013 - Rd 1: Gospel Pass Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
grumpycommuter":1z9zxr7e said:
daj":1z9zxr7e said:
grumpycommuter":1z9zxr7e said:
daj":1z9zxr7e said:
After a pretty terrible effort at riding through January I will officially be the Lanterne rouge feel free to heckle and push me along :LOL:

will the pushing be brought about by flabbiness or D2i issues?

Thats it one big curly going in your woolly hat!!!!

:facepalm:

I really hope its a curly fry you are talking about !!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HarryCrumb":12czivnx said:
Going to try to make this one

About to head into the hills around Macc/Buxton, hoping to get 30-40miles in - my first proper road ride in seventeen-odd years... If it goes well then I'll hopefully bump it up over the next few weeks to see if I can manage this (I know I'd survive, but I realise there's etiquette to road riding and requiring everyone else to bring a book and lights for the second half may breach these, I'll look into it).

I also realise you don't need to hear this blow by blow but it is helpful for me to say it out loud - good for the motivation etc. Hope you don't mind! ;)

Oh look, here's the storm just arrived... :roll:

What pace would this one be riden at?......................just found the answer....................great put my name down, best I get a new chainset cog for that cattle grid grrrrrrrrrrr!

elPedro666":2c6e5u32 said:
About to head into the hills around Macc/Buxton, hoping to get 30-40miles in - my first proper road ride in seventeen-odd years...
You should've called me Pete. I could've made it out this afternoon...

D'oh! I thought about it too :roll: You dodged a bullet though, it's proper grim out there! Cut it to 25miles, couple of big climbs (to my legs anyway!) and a good drenching, plus a terrifying tankslapper at 37.9mph. All good manly stuff and although a bit slow on the climbs it hasn't wiped me out, don't actually feel too drained at all, so there's hope for me yet! :D

elPedro666":rp5hjktu said:
D'oh! I thought about it too :roll: You dodged a bullet though, it's proper grim out there! Cut it to 25miles, couple of big climbs (to my legs anyway!) and a good drenching, plus a terrifying tankslapper at 37.9mph. All good manly stuff and although a bit slow on the climbs it hasn't wiped me out, don't actually feel too drained at all, so there's hope for me yet! :D
good work Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back