Steerer extenders?

Well, I have the BBB extender now. I haven't put it on the bike as I am still building, but I tried it to see how strong it is and I have absolutely full confidence in it. To me it will not be a temporarily solution and other then some extra weight, it is no match for another fork!
I probably have to cut it down a bit and I will let you know how it turns out. Very satisfied up till now.

Senri":1yjplxv8 said:
Well, I have the BBB extender now. I haven't put it on the bike as I am still building, but I tried it to see how strong it is and I have absolutely full confidence in it. To me it will not be a temporarily solution and other then some extra weight, it is no match for another fork!
I probably have to cut it down a bit and I will let you know how it turns out. Very satisfied up till now.

How do you tension the HS without a Star nut and center bolt?

Loki":2sne2k2s said:
How do you tension the HS without a Star nut and center bolt?

The system consists of two bolts; one bolt is a bit deeper in the extender and is used to tension the extender in the steerer. The head of this bolt uses a 8mm hex orso, but also has a hole for a 6mm bolt and so acts like a starnut. On top is a normal centerbolt and cap that threads in the lower bolt head. Simple but efficient solution!

Just wanted let everyone know how it went. I finally had some time on my "new" bike with the extender in the Fox fork over the Christmas holidays. No problem with stability or anything, but I do have a problem that it will not stay put. The"quill stem clamp" is not strong enough. Due to the 45 degree camfer on the CK headset bearings, any lateral and forward/aft movement of the fork, which happens more then once in MTB......, there is an axial force pushing it out. After every decent I will hear the noise of the loose headset, which is mega annoying (and of course bead for the bearings). I have tightened the 8mm hex with an extender bar, but I am afraid it will break at a certain point.
I am now trying to find out if I can use an extra bolt with plate to fix it from the bottom side, so it can't move up anymore.

Back