Taverna Vetta Columbus MS project

bikenut2010":39h9ses8 said:
Alfas and Italian bikes? i suffer from the same condition! I have some athena callipers from that era if you like? £20?

Last daily driver was a gta sportswagon - 130k miles great car but needed sensible so now a Skoda vrs (tad boring but exceptional car)

If only just Alfas.... Lancia too.... This one with regret had to go as it was costing £1000's a year to just keep on the road

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 319
Alfas gone now ( Mito fab but too small ) Got a load of old manuals and handbooks tho! Had a 1750 coupe and a stack of Suds :)
Like the pearl idea for the vetta, check out the Motta catalogs on line ...

Love the seatstays :cool: The heavier graphics are a bit much for my tastes, but they are quite 'Italian' I suppose ... could well be taking that back before too long! :LOL:

Hhmmm - contemplating running the bike for a season without touching the paint.... Bit of a "rat" look.

I know it's a pain building it up to then strip back down for a respray but want to know if I like the ride before spending money on the frame.

Marcevo1":84r8z5jp said:
Hhmmm - contemplating running the bike for a season without touching the paint.... Bit of a "rat" look.

I know it's a pain building it up to then strip back down for a respray but want to know if I like the ride before spending money on the frame.
I think a really good clean and polish and nice gruppo fitted and you won't worry about the paint...it's not like it's a wreck! I just finished this Pinarello, had similar thoughts but the original deco paint design is so 'cool 90s' it has to stay... I just stripped off all the stuff in the way, cleaned, touched in, replaced deals polished and reassembled...
Your bike is far from a rat! You'll deffo find a nail varnish match for the pink, can't wait to see the build...pink cloth bar tape???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 588849806/

PS I have a pair of genuine Alfa 'greenclover' decals and white 'serpents' if you need any...

Build is slow... Struggling to get miles in on a lunchtime and get this bike up and running.... without my company going under at the same time ;)

Picked up some chorus monoplaners for £25 :) need a little work but at that price more money to spend elsewhere! And an aero 25mm seatpost for £25.

Another £120 and I think it will be roadworthy using my existing spare wheels.

Called into http://www.hewittcycles.co.uk/ in leyland today - what a great shop! First time ive been in - its a proper bikeshop! Wheels are the next big purchase and probably handbuilt from here

Getting there slowly!

3t stem and mex bars bought nos from Planet X for £30 all in!

Not quite as cheap - or retro.... Bought a set of these http://www.topolinotech.com/products/ctr20.php

Very keen to try them out! Destined for the modern colnago but will go on the vetta for a while with a spaced cassette.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 170
Back