my colnago master

Markynag

Retro Guru
my colnago master ....
i can honestly say this is the best bike i have ever ridden .....
an absolute joy .... they say carbon is supposed to be smooth .. but coming of a cannondale synapse carbon this master is smoother ,faster, tracks so well into a corner & down hill is so quick ...its crazy ....

Attachments

• image (1) (Large).jpeg
    image (1) (Large).jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 631
  • image (2) (Large).jpeg
    image (2) (Large).jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 630
  • image (4) (Large).jpeg
    image (4) (Large).jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 630
  • image (Large).jpeg
    image (Large).jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 630
thanks saarf .... it has taken me a while to find one my size .....
would like to source some precisa forks next .... just to see how it rides with them......
also try & date her
cheers mark

yessssss!!!
very well done,a true racing machine!
what about the varnish,is a clear coating over the chrome?
what about the total weight(in kg,please)?
BRAVO.

That is seriously classy.

A lot of the Colnago finishes are amazing, but just a little OTT for my taste. I have never seen one in that finish, simply superb.

Yes I feel honoured to own her , she is sprayed metallic steel silver with black contrasting lugs & pantograph all highlighted in black then stickers & clear coat ,,, I personally think she is lovely
Campagnolo chorus 11 speed carbon group
Chris king headset
Look keo max pedals
Dt swiss r1600 wheel set with ultremo zx tyres
Campagnolo carbon record seat post
Fizik aliante kium saddle
Deda shallow drop bars ( not oversize )
Weight is tad over 8 kg ( but feels less when you ride her )

Glad you think she is lovely , defiantly a keeper for me

I honestly believe it was meant to be !! fate , destiny , luck , call it what you will . I had been looking for a master for some time.... On here , eBay , gum tree ect ect . Been to see a few missed a few on eBay & cycling weekly free adds then I posted a wanted add on London fixed gear & single speed forum ( don't know why ) just did , there seems to be a lot of old bikes for sale on there , I got a message from a guy on there called Hutch who builds bikes ...
To say he had a master , he wanted to know all my measurements before he said it would be right for me ....
Colnago are a funny size & as so many masters were made for race teams & there seems to be so many different size variations
So I went to see the frame . , after viewing some pictures on line ...
I was originally just going to buy a frame n forks , but speaking to hutch & talking about what I wanted from a bike , I decided on the components I wanted , what would fit & work on the bike ( but most importantly ) what would fit me & with the bike ...... I already had the wheelset (just had to change the freehub body ) & the saddle & pedals were my own . the other parts were sourced at very competetive prices from various dealers & Hutch had some nos retro parts . The result & I think it speaks for itself is " My Colnago Master " It fits like a glove & rides like nothing i have ever owned ! A bike I will keep forever , I cannot put into words the feeling I get riding or even looking at this bike .... A dream come true for me & it fits me like a glove . I cannot thank Hutch enough for building me such an incredible bike !!! An experience that was a total pleasure from start to collecting the bike ....... If anyone is thinking of getting an old school Italian bike . I can not recommend enough ... Website. Retro di corsa .
Cheers Mark

Cheers woodsman , I went to see your bike ( small world eh ) stunning
I would have bought her too but too small !! , & i now have my baby ! you have a lovely bike yourself there Hope you enjoy yours . Brighton not too far from Bournemouth . So might see you on a master ride sometime :D

Latest posts

Back