Are you sitting on a fortune ....

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They are starting prices , not sure they would sell .

Nothing stops you from sticking a rusty bolt on ebay with a £1 milion starting price .

cchris2lou":1kq8aj1w said:
They are starting prices , not sure they would sell .

Nothing stops you from sticking a rusty bolt on ebay with a £1 milion starting price .

Which does raise the question of why they do it.

Is it an attempt to force up the prices of these types of items?
Or the knowledge that there are at least a few nutters/suckers out there who will pay these kinds of prices?
Or simply 'clever' a way to get publicity? After all, this guy has got us all looking at his ebay shop now...

Um,

I think you should have another look, the seller of the DA stuff has a shop - have a look at it!!!! I am avoiding swearing about the amount of items and the prices, although i notice he does not seem to have 600AX hoods (lol) - the full NOS NIB brakeset is £350 ish and the delta shaped part is over £50!!! Incredible - or so it seems to me!!

I am very familiar with this seller, he has a lot of NOS stuff and asks amazing prices, what is more amazing is that he gets his asking price quite often. Look at his completed listings and you will see what I mean

Haha crazy! Maybe one day when i win the lottery i will invest as a pointless buy so theres a talking point in my living room!

Amazing, just so i don't start a war - do Americans normally have to pay those prices for bits or are they just rich and don't mind the cost?

TGR":2zrf30ii said:
Amazing, just so i don't start a war - do Americans normally have to pay those prices for bits or are they just rich and don't mind the cost?
Considering they complain when petrol tops $4/gallon, I'd say it's the former.
Italian stuff is particularly scarce here.

Back