Fixie Milk Race

proper fixed or suicide?

Your rear guard could do with some attention. Otherwise it looks alright, should be fun.

Milk Race

Yeah mudguard fitted properly now! Only a bit of fun... Takes some getting use to being fixed though! Fitted brakes just in case :LOL:

Ah..Silly me.. When I saw the thread title and first post I thought you had just been competing against the two-wheeled population of Clerkenwell in a gruelling counrywide stage race in which nobody was allowed even a freewheel and rear brake, let alone a gear change.... This event being scheduled to take place in the middle of January, to boot! :) ...Now there's an idea....

I'm kind of relieved (and yes...I admit it.. somewhat disappointed) to find that this event didn't happen, and that you have been tinkering with bits of metal like the rest of us. I hear that 'foot retention' is desirable, and watch out on those U-turns..

proper fixed or suicide?

What's the distinction Tel? (that's a genuine question btw, not a sarcastic remark)

Track hubs and the like have a left-hand threaded lockring to stop the fixed gear coming undone. Running 'suicide' is using a fixed gear on a standard freewheel hub without a lockring. They can come undone if you stand on them hard enough.

Back