SRAM 9.0sl Good or Bad ?

heavyp

Retro Guru
Just curious what this stuff was like ? I have a 9.0sl shifter and a 5.0 mech thinking of binning it as there not in the best condition and maybe getting newer gearing for a retro build

SRAM 9.0sl are the spritual ancestors of X0/XX, really nice and in it's day the lightest kit around for XC racers. I had a set on my 97 Heckler build that lasted as my main ride until 2004! and never missed a beat.

Cannot comment on the 5.0, but I'd try find the matching rear mech to make a set.

Enjoy!!

HecklerBis_007.jpg

HecklerBis_005.jpg

Agree that it was good stuff back in the day...I was only ever able to afford the 7.0 which worked really well.

Personally I love the 9.0sl shifters and mechs, I have run all the ages of this mech from the early Sachs plasma (still going strong), the 9.0sl (on my IBOC pro SX strangely enough :LOL: ) and I now have a Sram X0 which I have never run but am sure it would be superb just like the rest :D

I have read your post some where else about this. You say the grips are shot well you can replace the rubbers , and hunt out a rear on here and the evil bay (can be had dirt cheap sometimes I paid £8.50 posted for mine ;) )

Back