1970s Carlton Corsa rebuild with vintage Campy bits - 57cm

cpt_howdy

Retro Newbie
This is my first post, so hello! - I wasn't really aware of this forum until someone pointed me in the right direction.
I rebuilt this from a shed-bound, peeling but sound frame in summer 2011. I had it powder coated in what I can only assume is 'safety handrail' yellow. The frame is 57cm C-T, 55cm C-C, 57cm TT. The bike is great, and I've taken it on a few long rides, but I'm selling it to make space for a new bike. Also, I enjoyed building this but to be honest, at 55cm, it was always a little bit small - I'm 6'1".
I'm asking for £220

More Photos on Flickr

6080365522_f24a323ee2_z_d.jpg

Components are:

Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Nuovo Valentino
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Valentino
Shifters: Campagnolo Valentino
Brakes: Weinmann calipers (surprisingly effective)
Brake levers: original Carlton-labelled Weinmann levers
Chainset & cranks: Stronglight (not sure exactly what model)
Saddle: Charge
Seatpin, stem & bars are the original Carltons

Wheels, tyres, 5-speed rear cassette and chain are fairly generic but brand new - I was pretty limited in what I could get to fit the weird Raleigh factory sizes from the early 1970s. The bottom bracket is a brand-new threadless model, which came loose (I knew it would) after first fitting it, but since I re-tightened it, it has been solid.

I spent quite a bit of time painting the lugs and the stem etc., and I don't know if anyone happens to be a Carlton fan, but there are a couple of places you can buy the appropriate decals if you want to.

I live in Glasgow, but I come down to London pretty often, so if you live in either of those places I can deliver the bike in person. Can ship too if necessary.

Back