Does it matter to you if your partner is more intelligent?

I see intelligence, in any relationship, as to whether she can pick up on my diabolical plans for world domination.

I have some thoughts, though - almost axiomatic - those who think they are intelligent, in my experience at least, have a slightly exaggerated perspective of it. And there's some very bright people, who don't think they are.

For me personally? I think I'm reasonably intelligent around some subjects / matters, and have a reasonable intellect - but in some things can be a complete fecking retard. Whereas 'er indoors, well I'd probably say she's as "clever" as me, but also is much more socially intelligent, both in the workplace, and normal social situations.

FSR-Si":tkmgijt7 said:
Intelligence never comes into question in our house, we work as a team, we solve most problems together and get along fantastically, infact in the 20yrs we've been together we have rarely fell out :D

This is the best comment on here.
I feel the same :D

Neil":18vumple said:
For me personally? I think I'm reasonably intelligent around some subjects / matters, and have a reasonable intellect - but in some things can be a complete fecking retard. Whereas 'er indoors, well I'd probably say she's as "clever" as me, but also is much more socially intelligent, both in the workplace, and normal social situations.

QFT

FSR-Si":2afk7l99 said:
Intelligence never comes into question in our house, we work as a team, we solve most problems together and get along fantastically, infact in the 20yrs we've been together we have rarely fell out :D

Ooooh shut up you're making me sick ;) :D

We're both the same , I'm good at some things , she's good at others, there is a minor dispute on occasions when we both think we're good at the same thing though :shock:
Matthew

Mrs B has a degree in law and accountancy, a masters in Hr and is one of the most numerically gifted and logical person i have ever met. She works in reward designing pay schemes for 60,000+ individuals and manages a multi billionpound budget each year

She can detect my diabolical schemes for retro gold, keep me a baby and a house in order but.....

She Can't tell left from right and i have to regularly ask "which left" but then again that's what me (the uneducated dimwit) is for...

I think were about the same but I think the wife thinks Im more intelligent because shes always saying things like shuti it smartarse and your always right arent you.

GT-Steve":1hfu020m said:
Intelligence, per se, is impossible to quantify, even using the intelligence quotient scale. This system is only really designed to quantify it with a number, but it is flawed as a system..

I'm intelligent in some aspects, and my missus in others.. Where I lack, she smooths the gaps and vice-versa, it's just part of life, and for us it seems to work well. Don't think either of us are arrogant enough to think either is more clever than t'other..

This ^^^ really, although I always say that I'm as thick as pig shit anyway.
Probably not far from the truth, to be honest.

al":jaro47r9 said:
I live in a wooden crate in the basement.

al.

Al, I'd look into that one further. It may mean that you're technically classified as veal and your household could thus be eligible for some sort of EU agricultural grant. ;)

David

warpedboy2":86yzphgy said:
corsarob":86yzphgy said:
highlandsflyer":86yzphgy said:
nah,i defo say i`m the smarter one,but as the saying goes "every dog has its day",but if any of you ever meet her,dont tell her i said that,she a red head with a wicked temper,thats why i`m still onhere,because i`m on the couch again tonight,and we have only been married 18 months. :roll: :roll:
I hope you are kidding.

It is a myth that the years go by and relationships get boring. Things get much better with time.

Or they end!

Go and talk to her.

Take an origami rose you made from a napkin covered in glitter.
nope,not kidding,we argue nearly all the time,good job we both work different hours so we dont spend so much time together,if it werent for the kids and the house i would be out of here..........yes,really.

so does that make her smarter than me???????
Nope, but you really need to have a think about where your life is going fella :(

going nowhere,and to honest i`m passed caring.
Horrible situation there chap.

:idea:

http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-c ... index.html

My wife makes our house a home, whilst there is a difference in IQ we are both inherently logical people and balance each other in areas of weakness.

Back