As a male dominated site, you and the Dr.

Kona lover":3l15lkip said:
I'm 40 and 22 years of footy matches 5-6 a week (11 a side and 5 a side), I sound like the tin man when I first get out of bed.
I would never be out the docs if i went with aches and pains :LOL:
I'm hoping a blast around the locals trails 2-3 times a week will "strengthen" my knees, and loose that stubborn 1/2 stone I am too lazy to shift by jogging.

The footy is not sorting that out for you???

I do a number of sports, but footy was by far the most strenuous and aerobic. I stopped playing regularly a few years ago, and I have never regained that level of fitness.

Got to 37 and packed it in, fed up of aching the next day!

Been a couple of years since I've played but luckily I have an active job so
Kept the weight off reasonably well.

I'm happy to go and consult the Doctor about something that has the potential to be serious & catch it early or if I don't understand I'll tell them anything. But I'm the kind of guy who will only go to A&E if I need Xray / stitches.

Digressing from OP a little..

Couple of years ago I noticed some odd spots on my chest and was feeling rough.. That got me down to the Docs sharpish. Chicken Pox was diagnosed so I ran home and got on with it.. and that wiped the floor with me. Fevers for a week. Quarantined myself for 3wks. I'm 34. I've had some nasty sh1t in the past-Malaria etc and Chicken Pox in adults is quite unforgettable!

highlandsflyer":2zxp84im said:
I have had Dengue Fever. That was a choice one.

I had amoebic dysentery once.

That was fun. I was about 4 years old and my family had to give stool samples to the local doctors for a few months afterwards. You can imagine how popular I was!

Saulus, I too had chickenpox in my 30s. I was only really rough for a few days, but the spots! The doctor actually phoned all her medical students to come in and have a look/laugh. There wasn't a single cm of me not covered in the things. (Spots, not medical students).

I have been meaning to get to the docs' for ages to get referred to a dermatologist. I really hate going there in the winter with everyone in the waiting room either sneezing or puking!

Iwasgoodonce":28opy0um said:
Saulus, I too had chickenpox in my 30s. I was only really rough for a few days, but the spots! The doctor actually phoned all her medical students to come in and have a look/laugh. There wasn't a single cm of me not covered in the things. (Spots, not medical students).

I have been meaning to get to the docs' for ages to get referred to a dermatologist. I really hate going there in the winter with everyone in the waiting room either sneezing or puking!

Adult chicken pox - not exactly a barrel of laughs. When I had it I looked a right state, not being able to shave for a fortnight didn't help matters!

I've only been to see my GP once in the last 4 and a half years when I had an absolute killer of a sore throat in July '08. I did visit A&E last summer having had a minor kitchen disaster - lid came off the blender and sprayed my hand with boiling hot soup - but having already done 10 mins under a cold running tap straight afterwards (First Aid at Work course coming in handy there!!) they said they couldn't improve on what I'd already done and sent me off home again!

David

Back