Show us what you did today, thread

great pics jamie and love the beach to you a fat convert after the first ride out? BTW can you drill holes in the rims as per kaisers bike or would that be folly?

Converted

Hi Guys
Yeah, definately a convert, it felt great on the sand as it just floats along but the biggest suprise was riding over all the large river type boulders in the estuary. the was no getting pinballed around, it just rode over everything with no complaints at all.
The size was a bit of a concern as its a 16'' with high tyres but last year when i got it it was the smallest they did, now they do a 14'' and I needed to get it out as I know theres a frame with 10% off in a January sale at triton, but it ends in a couple of days. Thankfully I really dont need to, it fits fine and is comfortable to ride. i rode the beach, rocks streams and then went into the woods and I never once thought about the size, even when i stepped off a couple of times. so I figure its fine. Probably if I ran flat bars etc it might be a bit long.
The crazy thing was how it soaks up evrything in the tyres, its like suspension and really smooths things out, rocks, ripples, tree roots etc. I was riding over the ripples on the beach no handed :LOL:
I really like it, complements my 1X1 nicely ;)

Bummed as well as I thought Dunkeld was this weekend coming, heather just told me, glad someone looks at dates and stuff.
Jamie

Nice one Jamie. How you find the ratio on the beach? I've been struggling at times in soft sand even with a granny ring.

kaiser":3d17temc said:
ZZ instead of a powder coat why no just buy a new frame? Scandal frames are still cheap! Especially if your thinking of new wheels, turn the Mary into a winter bike.
How harsh is the scandal, K? I'd like to go lightweight, but the Mary is really comfy. A real all day bike.

Z I've still not finished it yet, the Pug took over but I'm nearly there. From what I've read the Scandal is more steel like than an Inbred(?) and I've also read that material choice is less a factor than wheel/tyre choice and set up with 29ers. I can see how the bigger tyre carcass and the way the wheels works would contribute more to feel than the material even though it would still have an effect. I will say that I'm really impressed with it (build wise)especially for the money and in I've yet to really read a bad word said about one.

Back