Voodoo People: The Single !!!

Brad

BoTM Winner
I continue to present you my current bikes...

At the time I started to write this topic, the bike isn't finished yet... Crankarms, saddle and chain are missing...

Following the topic name and the forum rules :mrgreen: , you can imagine I'm not talking about The Prodigy's song. This is about a small bike brand created by a legend and one of our gurus :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mr Joe Murray of course !!!

img7524b.jpg

img7521jw.jpg

I already own a Canzo Ti, but I wanted to find his little bro, the D-Jab :roll: :roll: :roll:

I found a frame in the US in 2009. It is a frame from 1995 and close to NOS condition. That's cool!!! The price was correct and shipment costs to France too. Let's go!!!

photo4ubw.jpg

The frame arrived and I don't know exactly why... but wanted it as a single with green parts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Anyway, I had other project to finish first, I let it in my appartment's office for a while!

img7519w.jpg

img7520l.jpg

img7523x.jpg

img7525w.jpg

To build it, I've been thinking at a Judy XC fork because of the champagne color not to far away of the titanium color :roll: :roll: :roll: also because it's from 1995... And some green parts then, but not too much!

Ok, when you say VOODOO, you think TITEC. I need Titec titanium for bar, stem and post then! For now, the post is still missing!!!

img5084.png

img7526mj.jpg

img7527b.jpg

Concerning the headset, of course a King in green!!!

img7528x.jpg

and Grafton brake levers in green too :cool: :cool: :cool:.

img5086h.jpg

img7530e.jpg

img7531n.jpg

In september last year, I founded a NIB Judy XC in the US but with a short and threaded steerer tube. I had to get a long and not threaded one, founded in Germany.

img7533r.jpg

img7532f.jpg

To build it as a single and as the frame as standard dropouts, I must find White ENO excentric hub. Just because I don't like the vision of a chain tensioner :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . It's awefull!!!

But a friend was selling a set in france built with Mavic Ceramic rims... Perfect!!!

PIMP!

Looks great - always liked the voodoo with the Joe Murray design. I would say loose the black boots on the forks or pop on some clear/see-through ones to complete that slick look :cool:

Love it I have a modern Voodoo D-Jab, but with gold bits. They are great bikes, the best thing is Joe Murray replies to your queries when you email :cool:

The eno is also a great bit of kit for a clean single speed look.

dongward":2xp7lsjm said:
You're not going for a chain tensioner but I'm interested to see what you will do with the mech hanger?

cut it :LOL:

jokes aside, its a very lovely frame and I'm very interested to see how it will turn out. Have the same frame and no idea what the build is going to be, so I need some inspiration :)

Back