General anesthetic...And food before a op?

Aye.......they're not rules to be bent....and, if yer a bit light headed awready from hunger, the pre-op drugging up is even funkier, maaaaan!!

Thanks for all the advice guys, As this is getting done in a private hospital
on the nhs, they are letting me turn up at 1.30pm and have been told that i will be out the same day. This must mean that they are going to chop me up in the afternoon.
If it was at a nhs hospital they would have had me in at 7am and let me rot in a waiting room all day :LOL:
If this goes well i'm going to go private, as when i was at Bath RUH the other week there was dry blood on the floor and it was filthy :shock:
Also check this out. My wifes cousins other halfs mum went into RUH for a
exploratory op, and ended up with a infection, which meant they had to amputate her leg, and now she's in a coma :shock:

I'm gettin' wisdom teeth done- in and oot the same day, likewise........I hope there's been some advances since the last time I had a general, or else ye'll be highly fech'ed for the rest of the day!!

Artsy fartsy pansy-arsed advice. They're terrified of frightening patients so much they " soften-up " advice that might imply there's a danger.
Stay well away from food before a G.A. or you risk dying a horrible death on the table as your lungs fill up with fry up. Second best result after food cock-ups is you come away with the I.Q. of a paperclip. Food: NO.

Back