As a male dominated site, you and the Dr.

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Do you happily go to the doctor for every twinge or whinge

I go whenever I feel the need but some men are reluctant

My grandfather died very soon after being diagnosed with cancer because he refused to bother the doctor with his ailments so I think it very important to take everything you feel any "should I go" thought

How's it for you

Alison

Doctors are useful for confirming that one is dead (although they do get that wrong at times too of course)... the rest of what they say, I take with a pinch of salt!

I have to be pretty desperate before I go to a doctor... it has happened, but not often. Thankfully I've been very fortunate to have had good health so far though, it's easy to be macho about these things when you're not actually suffering...

I'm 40 and 22 years of footy matches 5-6 a week (11 a side and 5 a side), I sound like the tin man when I first get out of bed.
I would never be out the docs if i went with aches and pains :LOL:
I'm hoping a blast around the locals trails 2-3 times a week will "strengthen" my knees, and loose that stubborn 1/2 stone I am too lazy to shift by jogging.

My missus avoids doctors and hospitals at all costs,

Apart from today, when she was forced too cos she was so ill..

I'm very rarely ill enough to need to go, but if I should go I do go.

I've often thought of my body like a car, if something happens out of the ordinary or doesn't feel right more than usual then I'll make an appointment. I have paid through national health insurance so i intened to use it when needs must

Although on the last visit I noticed "regular user" at the top of the docs page on his screen. I asked him what that meant and he said it could be taken many ways but generally if there is an issue other than man flu type of things then it shows you will visit the surgery.

I think he was trying to cover his ass though :LOL: I have very little embarrassment when it comes to my body so if a doc wants to stick his fingers up my poo pit once a year to check for colon cancer then I see that as common sense

If he wants to do it any other time then I want drinks first :LOL: :LOL:

I had got away with the Doctors and Hospital for 38 years,but last year Ive been to the Doctors 8 times and Hospital twice,the second time for an Op.
Im due to go again soon for a" year later" blood test to check my cholesterol level,but I doubt I will go.My levels must be better after going T total and being on a better diet,and getting much more exercise. If I can avoid it,it will be a good while before I go again ;)

I normally run things past my wife first, however even I knew a scratched cornea, cellulitis and a shattered heel bone (not all at once) required some medical nous.

I only go if I really really have to. However, I'm a regular at the local casualty dept :LOL: Think I was told 9 visits in past 10 years

Very rarely go unless I'm nagged to. Family history of heart disease in a straight line down my dad's side of the family pointing firmly at me. My mum and my wife were nagging on at me to go and get checked out last year despite me having no symptoms whatsoever. When I turned up for the tests the nurse asked why I'd come in for them, then she looked at my date of birth and said "oh, well you are 40 I suppose". Cheeky bitch. :D All tests came back ok. Wife and mother both looked almost pissed off that I was healthy, they seemed to think just on the amount of cheese I eat I deserved to have a really high cholestarol level. They had the same disappointed look when I went to the dentist for the first time in 25 years and didn't need any anything doing too. Not like I've even got a decent life insurance policy for them to claim. :roll:

I remember going as a child. Then the old doctor died and I got a new one. Then he moved the practice and brought in other doctors. I went once and got a woman who was an snotty boot right up herself. Eh, you finger arseholes for a living hen.

Haven't been back since.

Back