Jeff Jones

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well after careful consideration I bit the bullet and ordered one. I carefully chose parts for a Stealth build and to a level I would not get bored with. I have a Fat front Wheel coming for this so I can swap between the two front wheels depending where I'm riding, giving me flexibility for fun riding.

After playing with it for a few days and not being able to ride it because of a chest infection I could no longer wait! So I took it out this morning and what can I say- its amazing! It feels so quick and agile its inch perfect as you throw it round the berms. When you hit a roller the thing takes off, was pleasantly surprised just how much air I was getting on an unfamiliar bike. I have a feeling i'll be putting a lot of miles in on the Jones this year.

Spec:

Jeff Jones Diamond frame and unicrown fork
Jeff Jones H Bars
Jeff Jones Front Hub
Chris King Headset
Chris King rear sprocket
Renthal Chainring
Hope x2 Evo Stealth Brakes
Stans Arch rims
Nobby Nics tyres (tubless)
Thomson stem
Thomson layback post
Gusset Black Jack Saddle

Fat Front:

Jeff Jones Hub
Surly Large Marge Rim
Surly Nate Tyre

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 1,922
  • IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 1,922
:cool: they ride really well!

Steel jones are getting a name for themselves, I'd have one over another Ti one ;)

I like that a lot. :cool:
Glad to hear the bike is living up to it's reputation. :D
A couple of quick Qs.
How would you rate the quality of the front hubs? Are you paying for the name, or the low build numbers, or are you also getting the kind of quality you would hope for in a front hub of that price?

The bars. Have you used that style before, and how are you finding them? Form over function or function over form? :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":wrix6gz3 said:
I like that a lot. :cool:
Glad to hear the bike is living up to it's reputation. :D
A couple of quick Qs.
How would you rate the quality of the front hubs? Are you paying for the name, or the low build numbers, or are you also getting the kind of quality you would hope for in a front hub of that price?

The bars. Have you used that style before, and how are you finding them? Form over function or function over form? :LOL:

The hubs seem very good quality, time will tell how long they will last.The Forks are compatible with 135mm front hubs such as the Jones 135-F or Paul Whub (not 135mm rear hubs).

Read More: http://www.jonesbikes.com/production_fr ... z2JMe9r62d

The bars are very comfortable, only change is i'm going to put a shorter stem on, Jeff recommends 70-90mm. The bars themselves felt quite narrow at first, but soon get used to them. Ive ridden on them before and also have some Groovy Luv Handles which have a similar position. The un-cut H bars are slightly wider, but I prefer the looks of the cuts.

Nice! There are some here in The Netherlands as well but I have never ridden one. Looking forward to the ride report

Ok .... I have looked at this three times now before I decided to make a comment, Mainly because I cannot decide if its plain Fudge ugly or damn funky!! :? :? :LOL: :LOL:

Back